Apache Sky Casino Review
Apache Sky Casino is a Native American casino located at the southwestern edge of the San Carlos reservation, near Dudleyville. San Carlos Apaches opened the casino in April 2017, relating it to their prime gambling venue in San Carlos called Apache Gold Casino.
Apache Sky is a relatively small establishment compared to other casinos in Arizona. It spreads across a 170-acre site and has just around 15,000 sq/ft of gaming space. The gaming floor consists of over 300 video slot machines and a few table games.
Although small, Apache Sky casino attracts a relatively large audience of gamblers, which has to do with being situated right at an ideal location, Highway 77, just an hour’s drive from both Phoenix and Tucson.
Apart from games, Apache Sky Casino features a casual bar and the Snax Snacks Bar that runs around the clock, where you can relax with some food and drinks. You also won’t be deprived of entertainment. The casino often hosts local bands and DJs, and occasional karaoke nights with free admission.
All guests of the casino must be at least 21 years old to enter.
Apache Sky Casino details
- Name: Apache Sky Casino
- Address: 777 Apache Sky Blvd, Winkelman, AZ 85192
- Phone number: (928) 475-0077; toll-free number: (800) 272-2438
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Gaming available: Video slots, video keno, blackjack, and three-card poker
Arizona Casinos in the News
Casino Veteran John Dinius Takes The Helm Of Casino Arizona And Talking Stick Resort
Will Apache Sky Casino operate a sportsbook?
Apache Sky Casino in Dudleyville, AZ, might feature a sportsbook shortly. Namely, on July 2, 2021, WynnBET announced that it partnered with the Sun Carlos Apache Tribe to seek a sports betting license in Arizona. If everything goes smoothly, Arizona will become the 16th state in which WynnBet launched or plans to launch its sports betting products.
There are still no official announcements claiming that the two Sun Carlos Tribe’s casinos will have a retail WynnBet sportsbook on-site. Still, the partnership with WynnBET definitely makes that an all but certain result. Arizona plans to launch sports wagering in the state in early September, just in time to bet on NFL games.
Apache Sky Casino – slots & casino games
Apache Sky Casino offers its guests the following selection of slot machines and table games to enjoy:
Apache Sky Casino offers more than 300 video slots, together with a few video keno terminals. The games include everything from brand new titles to some of the all-time classics. The most popular slots at the casino are Bally’s Quick Hit machines, while players can also find titles like Wild Wild, Rapa Nui Riches, Opulent Phoenix, Da Vinci Diamonds, and China Shores, to name a few.
The casino’s video slots are suitable for every player type, from casuals who seek fun at the penny machines to those looking to get a lucky break by trying to hit the right set of symbols on one of the progressive jackpots.
Here are the details behind some of the most popular games you can find at Apache Sky Casino:
- Quick Hit — Quick Hit is a renowned line of video slots that players can find in all the most popular gaming venues. There have been dozens of Quick Hit slots released by Bally over the years, some of which are present on the gaming floor of Apache Sky Casino. If you like the combination of old-school slot symbols mixed with the bonus features of modern games, chances are you’ll spend quite some time spinning the reels of Apache Sky’s Quick Hit
- China Shores — China Shores is an Asian-themed video slot developed by Konami. It features a classic 5×3 layout and comes with 30 fixed paylines. Although it may seem like a pretty straightforward slot at first, China Shores has a few bonus features centered around a free spin round in which all wins are doubled. Another reason why this game is so popular is the fact that it has a relatively high RTP for land-based casinos, sitting at 96.1%.
- Rapa Nui Riches — Rapa Nui Riches is another successful video slot machine that came out of Konami’s factory. This game has a lighthearted tropical theme where the main role is assumed by the famous face statues of Christmas Island. It has a classic five-reel 30-payline structure and comes with a few bonus features, including a free spin round that can award up to 20 free spins. Rapa Nui Riches is a penny slot, but it also has three progressive jackpots, named mini, major, and maxi.
- Opulent Phoenix — Opulent Phoenix is a 5×3 Konami slot that comes in multiple payline configurations and is considered a game of medium volatility. The main attraction of Opulent Phoenix is its bonus round that can award up to 24 free spins. During the free spin round, every win is doubled, and randomly chosen reels may turn to stacked wilds.
- Da Vinci Diamonds — Da Vinci Diamonds is one of the most successful industry-leading IGT products. The game has a 5×3 layout and 20 fixed paylines. The main feature of the game, called tumbling reels, allows for multiple wins during a single play. The symbols that are a part of the winning combination disappear and are replaced by new symbols falling from above, allowing the possibility to form a new win. Da Vinci Diamonds also has a free spin round that initially awards six free games with the potential to trigger new free spins.
Apache Sky Casino largely focuses on video slots, but it stays true to the classic casino experience by providing a few tables. The only available table games at the casino are blackjack and three-card poker.
Both games accommodate low- and high-risk players, with minimum bets starting at $5 and the maximum bets being $200 per play. The table games are open Wednesday through Sunday from 4 PM to 12 AM.
Does Apache Sky Casino have a poker room?
Apache Sky Casino currently does not have a dedicated live poker room. Still, those who like poker can try their luck at the three-card poker game against the dealer.
More Arizona Casinos
- Apache Gold Casino Resort
- Casino Arizona
- Casino Arizona at Talking Stick Resort
- Casino del Sol
- Casino of the Sun
- Desert Diamond Casino Sahuarita
- Desert Diamond Casino Tucson
- Desert Diamond Casino West Valley
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Lone Butte
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Vee Quiva
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Wild Horse Pass
- Mazatzal Hotel & Casino
- Paradise Casino
- Spirit Mountain Casino
- Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort
- We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort
- Yavapai Casino
Players Club rewards program
Apache Sky Casino runs a loyalty program called Players Club that all of its guests can join free of charge. The program lets players enjoy the benefits of long-term action by collecting comp points and redeeming them for meal discounts, gift shop purchases, hotel stays, promotional entries, and more.
The Players Club consists of five tier levels:
- Turquoise (0 — 4,999 points)
- Apache Tear (5,000 — 49,999 points)
- Fire Agate (50,000 — 99,999 points)
- Peridot (100,000 — 249,999 points)
- Legend (250,000+ points)
Each higher tier level gives access to bigger and better rewards. The Legend tier carries benefits such as free golf for two for a year, VIP parking spaces, invitations to premier excursions, and more. Once you sign up, you will receive a card that you need to insert into any slot machine or show to the dealer while playing table games for the points to be credited to your account.
The program is connected to Apache Gold Casino, meaning that you can use your rewards card at both locations. The points are collected within a calendar year. After that, players can use their benefits either for the remainder of the year or to the end of the following calendar year.
Apache Sky Casino responsible gambling program
Although Apache Sky Casino does not have a specific responsible gambling program, it is very much in accordance with all gambling regulations issued by the state of Arizona. The casino is very strict regarding underage gambling, meaning that all visitors must show a valid ID stating that they are over 21 years old.
Apache Sky Casino history and ownership
The San Carlos Apaches Tribe first announced the opening of a new casino in Gila Country in 2014 and hoped for the project to be completed by April 2015. However, a few things got in the way of those initial plans. Namely, one problem was acquiring a parcel of state land that needed to provide road access to the casino. Also, the ground meant for the casino proved to be of great historical significance to the tribe.
The groundbreaking ceremony was finally held in February 2016, and the casino officially opened its doors on April 1, 2017, but only as a temporary structure. The permanent casino began operating later that year.
Apache Sky Casino in Arizona hasn’t gone through any major renovations in its short existence, apart from occasionally adding new gaming machines to the floor. It currently employs around 200 people.