Casino del Sol
Casino del Sol is a casino and hotel resort in Tucson, Arizona. It is located on Valencia Road, just 12 miles from the city center. The property is owned and operated by the Pascua Yaqui Tribe, with their original casino venue, Casino of the Sun, located just two miles away.
Casino del Sol was opened on November 11, 2011, and has since undergone several expansion and modernization projects. Its casino floor takes up 161,000 square feet and currently houses around 1,300 slot machines, more than 20 table games, a 13-table poker room, and a bingo hall.
In addition to the gambling area, the property also features a 151-room hotel with numerous amenities, multiple restaurants and bars, a conference center, and an RV park with 90 spaces.
The casino welcomes its patrons 24/7. Persons under the age of 21 are not allowed entrance.
Casino del Sol details
- Name: Casino del Sol
- Address: 5655 W Valencia Rd, Tucson, AZ 85757
- Phone number: (855) 765-7829
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Gambling available: Slots, table games, bingo, poker
of Gold Coins for $10
Arizona Casinos in the News
Casino Veteran John Dinius Takes The Helm Of Casino Arizona And Talking Stick Resort
Will Casino del Sol operate a sportsbook?
Although it doesn’t feature one at the moment, Casino del Sol plans to start operating a sportsbook soon. In fact, Casino del Sol will be one of the first Arizona casinos to feature a sportsbook after the recent change in gambling laws making Arizona sports betting legal.
The former Paraiso Lounge will serve as the sportsbook’s location. Players will be able to place bets at eight self-service kiosks and six live ticket writer counters. The site will also feature a bar with food service, jumbo HD TVs, and comfortable seating.
Casino del Sol – slots & casino games
Casino del Sol in Tuscon, AZ, offers its guests the following choice of slots and table games to enjoy:
With over 1,300 slots and video poker machines, the gaming collection at Casino del Sol is one of the largest in Arizona. Players can find a wide variety of games, including both modern video poker slots and the more traditional three-reelers.
The titles come in a diversity of themes, game mechanics, and special features. Additionally, the games are suitable for all bankroll sizes, with penny, nickel, and quarter machines on offer. If this doesn’t satisfy your thirst for adventure, you can try your luck at one of the progressive jackpot cabinets.
This massive collection has been supplied by industry-leading providers, offering some of the most popular titles you can find. We’ve singled out some of the most prominent ones below.
- Buffalo Link — Buffalo Link is a brand new slots series that merges Aristocrat’s Dragon Link and Lightning Link with the recognizable features of one of the most popular slot games. It works on a standard 5×4 grid containing the famous Buffalo features now combined with new multipliers and a linked Grand Jackpot feature.
- Piggy Pennies — Piggy Pennies is a part of Konami’s new train-themed game series, All Aboard. The game matrix features five reels and three rows with 50 ways to win. Some of the game’s most prominent features include the All Aboard special feature triggered by six golden train symbols and the free-games feature where the middle three reels turn into one giant reel.
- Dragon Link — Dragon Link is a mega-popular game series consisting of four slot games that feature different themes but have similar game mechanics. The feature that brings the games together is a common progressive jackpot with the potential to bring much higher payouts than standalone jackpots.
- Little Shop of Horrors — Little Shop of Horrors is an Everi slot game based on the Broadway musical of the same name. The game features five reels, 30 paylines, and three bonus features. On top of that, players can win jackpots of different values, depending on which game symbol fills the reels.
- Yardbirds — Yardbirds is an Aristocrat slot game with a very unusual, cartoonish, farm-inspired theme. It features a classic 3×3 reel layout, with more dynamic and cleverly named special features — the foxy free spins bonus, the chicken and egg bonus, and the mystery hatch bonus.
Although slot machines make up the lion’s share of the gaming collection in Casino del Sol, the venue also caters to table game lovers. Players can expect to find three-card poker, High Card Flush, Fortune Pai Gow Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold’em, Spanish 21, and bonus bet blackjack.
Players can join blackjack tables with various side wagers, like match the dealer, push your luck, and king’s bounty — ranging from $1 to $100.
You can find a suitable table regardless of the size of your betting budget since the table limits range from $5 to $1,200. If you enjoy blackjack, you’ll have even more options, as you can find games with blackjack table minimums as low as $3.
High-rollers will be thrilled to hear that the casino also features a high-limit room with blackjack table limits between $25 and $1,200. The VIP area also includes its own guest reception and bar, offering free drinks and appetizers.
Casino del Sol poker room
Casino del Sol features a state-of-the-art poker room with 13 tables and 20 HD TVs. The games include limit and no-limit Omaha and Hold’em, and mixed games.
Table limits range from $2-$4 up to $250-$500, making them suitable for players of all levels. If you decide to participate in the casino’s regular weekly tournaments, make sure to check the tournament schedule and buy-in information on the Casino del Sol official website.
More Arizona Casinos
- Apache Gold Casino Resort
- Apache Sky Casino Review
- Casino Arizona
- Casino Arizona at Talking Stick Resort
- Casino of the Sun
- Desert Diamond Casino Sahuarita
- Desert Diamond Casino Tucson
- Desert Diamond Casino West Valley
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Lone Butte
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Vee Quiva
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Wild Horse Pass
- Mazatzal Hotel & Casino
- Paradise Casino
- Spirit Mountain Casino
- Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort
- We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort
- Yavapai Casino
Club Sol rewards program
Casino del Sol features an exclusive Club Sol loyalty program that brings generous rewards to its members. The program is shared with Casino of the Sun, allowing players to collect loyalty points at both gambling venues. Players can join by visiting Club Sol desks at either of the casinos.
Once you join the program, you can use your Club Sol card to collect points while playing casino games. Depending on the number of points you have collected over 12 months, you can reach one of five loyalty levels outlined below:
- Copper — Up to 1,999 loyalty points
- Opal — 2,000+ loyalty points
- Jade — 50,000+ loyalty points
- Ruby — 150,000+ loyalty points
- Onyx — 400,000+ loyalty points
Every time you reach a new loyalty level, you will gain access to more lucrative perks and rewards. These can include exclusive promotions, VIP parking, dedicated casino hosts, retail, dining, and spa discounts, priority hotel check-ins, access to the high limit lounge, and much more.
Casino del Sol responsible gambling program
Although we’re sure Casino del Sol holds responsible gambling in high regard, its website bears little mention of the steps the casino takes to secure a safe gambling environment. However, the facility does offer access to resources that can help players afflicted with gambling addiction. If you begin to notice signs of gambling problems, feel free to call the toll-free helpline (1‑800‑639‑87831).
Casino del Sol history and ownership
Opened on November 11, 2011, the Casino del Sol resort has been operating under the watchful eye of Arizona’s Pascua Yaqui Tribe for over a decade. It was built as a successor to the tribe’s first casino, Casino of the Sun, located just two miles away.
The tribe opened its first gambling facility in 1994. However, before it turned into a casino, the venue had been operating as a bingo club for almost 12 years. Therefore, we can say that Casino del Sol’s roots go back to 1982.
Since its establishment in 2011, Casino del Sol has undergone numerous expansion projects, the most notable one in 2019. By the end of the year, the property received a 93,200-square-foot hotel with 151 rooms, a spa, an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a 90-space RV Park.
After Arizona legalized sports betting in April 2021, Casino del Sol decided to include a sportsbook. The exact date hasn’t been announced yet, but we know that the new sports betting venue will be located on the site of the former Paraiso Lounge.