Arizona Sports Betting
Arizona online sports betting is legal and thriving, with 18 online sportsbooks from which to choose. A number of retail sportsbooks are open as well at Arizona tribal casinos and sports venues.
You can bet on teams like the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona Diamondbacks online at Bet365, Caesars, BetMGM or other top legal betting sites in Arizona. Right now, Bet365 Sportsbook AZ offers new players an option between first bet safety net up to $1,000 or bet $5, get $150 in bonus bets.
Want to know what is going on in the Arizona sports betting market? We have the latest news and updates on the best Arizona sports betting apps here.
Top AZ sports betting apps for 2024
AZ sports betting highlights
Arizona legally allows for 20 sports betting apps. With that in mind, here are the fast facts about the Arizona sports betting market:
- Sports Betting Legalized: April 15, 2021
- Retail and Online Betting Launch: Sept. 9, 2021
- Number of Betting Apps: 16
- Legal Betting Age: 21+
Table of Contents
Comparing Arizona online sportsbooks
Now that the AZ online sports betting industry is hitting its stride, you may want to know how the sportsbooks compare. What do the Arizona sports betting apps do well? Perhaps the most important question is, why should you use a specific AZ sportsbook?
Here’s our guide that rates the best Arizona online sportsbooks:
Best Arizona online sportsbooks
Now that AZ online sports betting is hitting its stride, bettors want to know how the sportsbooks shake out. With nearly 20 online sportsbooks to choose from, it can be overwhelming for a new customer. What do the Arizona sports betting apps do well? Perhaps the most important question is, why should you use a certain AZ sportsbook? Here’s a guide that rates the best Arizona sports betting sites with their best features and best bonuses:
1. Bet365 Sportsbook
Bet365 Sportsbook has quickly become one of Arizona’s most trusted apps. Along with a generous welcome offer, Bet365 offers regular boosts and promos for MLB, NFL, soccer and more. The odds are usually competitive and customers also have the option to live-stream games they are betting on, right through the app.
21+ Gambling problem? Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP
2. Caesars Sportsbook
Caesars Sportsbook is known for its excellent player rewards program, Caesars Rewards. The site also offers a high volume of ongoing promos for existing customers, including some of the best odds boosts around. The app is also easy to navigate, making it a top choice for regular bettors in Arizona.
3. BetMGM Sportsbook
BetMGM AZ gives bettors more control over their bets than most sportsbooks, thanks to its Edit My Bet feature. You can add, change, alter your bet size or get paid early on many BetMGM bets. The operator made history by having a retail BetMGM sportsbook during the Super Bowl at State Farm Stadium in 2023.
4. Desert Diamond Sportsbook
- Download Desert Diamond
- Our Review: Desert Diamond Arizona
- Best Feature: Built for Arizona sports bettors
Desert Diamond Sportsbook is a sports betting app built specifically for Arizonans. Backed by Tohono O’odham Nation, which owns and operates four casinos in Arizona, Desert Diamond uses Kambi Gaming technology to fuel its app. That’s the same tech that DraftKings uses, so the feel of Desert Diamond is actually quite similar to DraftKings.
The FanDuel app’s continuous revolving platform of bonuses has propelled it into the conversation about the best online sportsbook available. Thanks to a deal with the Phoenix Suns, FanDuel AZ is a prominent member of the Arizona sports betting constellation, further proving this by opening a FanDuel retail sportsbook at Footprint Center, home of the Suns.
6. BetRivers Sportsbook
BetRivers AZ offers what no other mobile betting app can: the iRush Rewards program. Arizona customers can claim rewards as they wager through the BetRivers platform. With many betting markets available, there are plenty of opportunities to cash in perks.
7. Hard Rock Bet
Hard Rock is an iconic brand that currently operates online sportsbooks in Iowa, New Jersey and Virginia, with Arizona the latest state for Hard Rock Bet to debut in. Hard Rock Bet offers “Overdrive” boosts, wheel spins for bonus bets and frequently-updated promos and bonuses.
How to sign up for a sportsbook in Arizona
With legal sports betting in the Grand Canyon State, you can download any of the 18 AZ sportsbook apps onto your phone and register for an account without visiting a retail casino. You can create an account and deposit money into an Arizona betting app no matter where you are. However, before you bet, you will need to turn on your phone’s location services to allow the operator to verify you are within Arizona state lines.
The Arizona Department of Gaming requires that you provide some personal information when you register for a sportsbook account in order to verify your age and identity. Be prepared to provide:
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- Last four digits of the Social Security number
- Residential address
- Email address
It’s three quick steps to bet in Arizona legally.
- Choose your promo
- Deposit funds
- Place your bets
Arizona sports betting promos: Things you should know
The Arizona sports betting market is in its first year, meaning online sportsbooks are champing at the bit to get new customers. Here’s what you need to know about the types of bonuses and promos at online sportsbooks in Arizona:
- Bonus bets: This starts with you making a bet. If you win, you get your payout just like usual. If you lose, however, you receive a refund, usually in the form of a bet. There are usually rules associated with these bonuses. You may have restrictions on the type of bet or sport.
- Match Bet: You use your own money deposited in your account to make a bet. If you win, then great. However, if you lose, you will get a credit in your account for the same amount you bet with. A typical match bet offer is 100% up to $500.
- Deposit Match: With this bonus, the sportsbook will match your deposit amount. The match is typically for 100%, but sometimes less. There will also be a cap on the sportsbook’s amount. You’ll need to reach a required number of playthroughs before the matched amount becomes available to withdraw.
- Profit and Odds Boost: Many AZ sportsbooks will whip these out for existing customers. At times, operators will increase the odds for the favorite in a game/match. They can also boost your winnings if a same-game parlay hits. Typically, users first need to “opt-in” to receive these bonuses.
Popular AZ sports bets
Here are some of the most common bets:
- Moneyline: The moneyline bet is a straight-up wager on who wins a game, fight or any other matchup. Because the bet will be harder to win, you will always receive a higher payout when you bet on the underdog. However, the risk of losing such a bet is also substantially higher.
- Betting Against the Spread: When you bet “against the spread,” it’s not enough for the favorite to win the game. They have to win by more than a particular amount for them to “cover the spread.” The spread is designed to turn every matchup into a 50/50 proposition.
- Over/Under: When betting totals, you are no longer pushing for one team to win. It doesn’t matter who wins the game or by how much, the only aspect of the game you are concerned with is the total score. AZ Sportsbooks will set a projected number of points to be scored in the game. Then you decide if you think the actual number of points scored will be more (over) or less (under) than the total they set.
- Live Betting: In-game betting is becoming more and more popular among sports betting fans. You can wager on moneylines with new odds as well as new point spreads, and over/unders. You can also bet on different aspects of the game once it’s underway.
- Player or Team Props: If you think that a particular player will perform well in a game, player prop bets are the way to go. Whether is passing touchdowns or three-pointers made, all AZ Sportsbooks offer some sort of player props. Team props are more wide-ranging. This can be like betting an over/under on team total sacks.
Teams to bet on at Arizona online sportsbooks
Arizona has a smorgasbord of professional and college teams. The Grand Canyon State can be a melting pot of folks from all across the country migrating to the Southwest. However, the local teams in Arizona manage to maintain a loyal fanbase. Here are the state’s most popular pro and college teams:
Arizona Cardinals (NFL)
The Red Birds have been a part of the NFL since 1920. The franchise originated in Chicago before relocating to Arizona in 1988. Over the years, Arizona has given fans a long list of memorable plays and moments, both good and bad. A surprise run to Super Bowl XLIII during the 2008 season ended in heartbreak, but it was a fun ride. A disappointing 2022 season led to the firing of head coach Kliff Kingsbury, and the franchise is at a crossroads heading into the 2023 campaign.
Phoenix Suns (NBA)
The franchise joined the NBA as an expansion team in 1968. Since then, the Suns have been known to provide a very exciting brand of basketball. But that excitement has only helped carry the team to three appearances in the NBA Finals and zero championships. A core led by Devin Booker, Chris Paul, and 2023 acquisition Kevin Durant is looking to change that this year.
Phoenix Coyotes (NHL)
Possibly, Arizona’s most mysterious pro team. The Coyotes did not qualify for the 2021-22 NHL Playoffs. And the team has only made the playoffs nine times in its 25-year history. However, they are full of surprises. In 2022, they orchestrated the NHL’s biggest upset in 10 seasons with a Feb. 1 win over the heavily favored Colorado Avalanche as +450 underdogs.
The next question is, where will the team be playing going forward? They have a temporary deal to play at Arizona State University’s new multipurpose arena during the 2022-23 season. But will they find a way to remain in Arizona for years to come?
Arizona Diamondbacks (MLB)
Commonly known as the D-Backs, this franchise will have a place in the hearts of sports fans in Arizona for a long time. The D-Backs are the only one of the four major sports teams in the valley to win a championship. However, that 2001 World Series win is only drifting further and further into the past. Arizona’s premier baseball team now must perform in front of a new generation of fans.
Phoenix Mercury (WNBA)
The Phoenix Mercury is Arizona’s top-winning pro sports team. The Mercury have won three WNBA championships. They came up just short of winning a fourth in 2021. The Mercury is one of the four reaming franchises that have been a part of the WNBA since 1997. The Mercury has qualified for the WNBA Playoffs in 15 of its 24 years in Phoenix. The franchise has been home to players such as Diana Taurasi, Cappie Pondexter, Candice Dupree, and Brittney Griner. Taurasi is still the heart and soul of the team that expects to compete for another championship in 2022.
Arizona Wildcats (NCAA)
The University of Arizona Wildcats is a member of the Pac-12 Conference. The Wildcats have eight men’s and eleven women’s NCAA-sanctioned sports teams. Arizona has won 19 NCAA team national championships. You use online sports betting apps to place wagers on most UArizona’s teams. That includes the football, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, and softball teams.
Arizona State University Sun Devils (NCAA)
Like the University of Arizona, ASU competes in the Pac-12. They have 11 men’s and 15 women’s teams taking part in the NCAA competition. ASU has 24 NCAA team national championships in all of the school’s sports. Most AZ sportsbooks will feature Sun Devils games to bet on. College prop bets on individual performances are not available in Arizona. For example, you can’t bet on a Sun Devils basketball player to score 20+ points in a game.
|State Farm Stadium
|Gila River Arena
|USL League One
|Kino Sports Complex
|Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum
|Phoenix Rising FC
|Casino Arizona Field
|Talking Stick Resort Arena
Retail betting: Arizona sportsbooks near me
Here’s a list of the retail sportsbooks operating in Arizona:
FanDuel Sportsbook at Footprint Center
- Address: 201 E. Jefferson St., Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Hours: 9 am-10 pm Monday-Friday, 8 am-11 pm Saturday, 8 am-10 pm Sunday
Caesars Sportsbook at Chase Field
- Address: 201 S. 4th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Hours: 10 am-10 pm Monday-Thursday, 9 am-11 pm Friday and Saturday, 9 am-10 pm Sunday
Caesars Sportsbook at Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino
- Address: 15406 N. Maricopa Road, Maricopa, AZ 85139
- Hours: Sportsbook kiosks open 24/7; counter hours: 10 am-10 pm Monday-Thursday, 10 am-11 pm Friday, and 8 am-11 pm Saturday and Sunday
TwinSpires Sportsbook at Mazatzal Hotel and Casino
- Address: Highway 87, Mile Marker 251, Payson, AZ 85541
- Hours: 8 am-midnight Monday-Friday, 24/7 Saturday and Sunday
BetMGM at Gila River Hotel and Casino at Vee Quiva
- Address: 15091 S. Komatke Lane, Laveen Village, AZ 85339
- Hours: 24/7
BetMGM at Gila River Hotel and Casino at Wild Horse Pass
- Address: 5040 Wild Horse Pass Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226
- Hours: 24/7
BetMGM at Gila River Hotel and Casino at Lone Butte
- Address: 1077 S. Kyrene Road, Chandler, AZ 85226
- Hours: 24/7
BetMGM at Gila River Hotel and Casino Santan Mountain
- Address: 7101 S. Gilbert Road, Chandler, AZ 85249
- Hours: 24/7
BetMGM at State Farm Stadium
- Address: 1 Cardinals Dr, Glendale, AZ 85305
- Hours: 24/7
SolSports at Casino Del Sol
- Address: 5655 W Valencia Rd, Tucson, AZ 85757
- Hours: 24/7
Betfred at We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort
- Address: 10438 WeKoPa Way, Fort McDowell, AZ 85264
- Hours: 24/7
Desert Diamonds Casino Tucson
- Address: 7350 S. Nogales Highway, Tucson, AZ 85756
- Hours: 24/7
Desert Diamonds Casino Sahuarita
- Address: 1100 W. Pima Mine Road, Suhuarita, AZ 85629
- Hours: 24/7
Desert Diamonds Casino West Valley
- Address: 9431 W. Northern Ave., Glendale, AZ 85305
- Hours: 24/7
Unibet Sportsbook at Paradise Casino
- Address: 450 Quechan Drive, Yuma, AZ 85364
- Hours: 24/7
Unibet Sportsbook at Turf Paradise (temporary betting kiosks)
- Address: 1501 W Bell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85023
- Hours: 11 am-6 pm Monday-Friday, 10 am-6 pm Saturday and Sunday
- Turf Paradise notes these hours will change when football season approaches
Sportsbooks in Arizona opening soon
- DraftKings Sportsbook at TPC Scottsdale: Expected to open in the fall.
Arizona’s responsible gambling resources
As Arizona sports betting expands, it is important to remember responsible gambling. Arizona residents pay for these problem gambling resources with their tax dollars, so it’s free.
Division of Problem Gambling
One of the primary places to start looking for resources for people affected by problem gambling is the Arizona Department of Gaming’s Division of Problem Gambling. In addition to the information on the website, Arizonans can call 800-639-8783 or text NEXT-STEP to 53342. The department also provides presentations for other groups on the subject.
National Council on Problem Gambling
The National Council on Problem Gambling maintains a list of assets for Arizonans with compulsive gambling issues. That includes where you can find counseling and support in your part of the state. The NCPG also has a helpline, available via text or call 800-522-4700. To boot, the NCPG offers a 24/7 live chat.
Arizona Council on Compulsive Gambling
This organization maintains a helpline at 800-777-7207, or you can email them at [email protected]. Support groups are available nationwide in-person and in virtual forums through Gamblers Anonymous.
If you don’t have a gambling problem yourself but find yourself affected by someone in your life who does, the same support is available for you through Gam-Anon. People in either category can also access GamTalk, a moderated virtual peer forum.
AZ sports betting FAQ
Yes, online sports betting is legal in Arizona as of Sept. 9, 2021. Arizona is home to 16 online sportsbooks.
You must be at least 21 years old to bet on sports in Arizona.
Yes, out-of-state residents can bet on sports in Arizona. Retail sportsbooks are available to anyone 21 and older. However, you can only use Arizona online betting apps that can legally operate in the state. For example, you can’t use the Fox Bet app in Arizona like you can in Colorado.
Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Some sportsbooks, such as Betway and BetRivers, have specific apps designed for Arizona users. However, if you travel to another state where that operator has launched, you will need to download that state’s specific app. Other operators, like DraftKings and FanDuel, use the same mobile app in every state they operate.
Legal sports betting in Arizona is regulated by the Arizona Department of Gaming.
Revenue generated from the sports betting tax goes directly to the Arizona Legislature’s General Fund. The general fund can be used for any program that is not supported by trust, special or revolving funds.
No, these sites operate illegally without adhering to regulatory standards or providing consumer protection. It is much safer to play and bet on a sportsbook licensed in Arizona. The Arizona Department of Gaming lists all active legal apps on its website. Most sites will feature the ADG logo or the state seal somewhere on their app.