Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Vee Quiva
Gila River Hotels and Casinos consists of three gambling properties owned by the Gila River Indian Community. The community is comprised of the Pee-Posh (Maricopa) and Akimel O’odham (Pima) tribes.
The operator currently holds the following casinos:
- Vee Quiva
- Wild Horse Pass
- Lone Butte
All three properties offer gaming options, except that Vee Quiva and Wild Horse Pass focus on slots and table games, while Lone Butte offers a huge poker room. Moreover, all three properties are part of an exciting rewards program through which loyal members receive benefits.
Apart from gaming options, Wild Horse Pass and Vee Quiva also offer hotels with various lodging options, including some theme rooms inspired by Arizona sports teams, such as Arizona Coyotes, Diamondbacks, and Cardinals.
Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Vee Quiva details
- Name: Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino
- Address: 15091 S Komatke Ln, Laveen Village, AZ 85339, United States
- Phone number: 1-800-946-4452
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Gambling available: Slots, table games
of Gold Coins for $10
Arizona Casinos in the News
National Trend Of Tribal Casino Success Reflected in Arizona
Tribal casinos across the US are enjoying unprecedented success generating revenue. Arizona’s casinos have seen the same level of success.
Pascua Yaqui Tribe Demolishes Tucson Theater To Build Casino Complex
President Joe Biden signing the Old Pascua Community Land Acquisition Act last December paved the way for the new Arizona casino complex.
Casino Veteran John Dinius Takes The Helm Of Casino Arizona And Talking Stick Resort
The longtime casino veteran takes over for Dennis Leong at the helm of the Arizona casino. Leong retired in 2022.
Will Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino open a sportsbook?
Right now, Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Vee Quiva doesn’t feature a sportsbook, but that could change, as Arizona sports betting was recently legalized.
It is unclear which of the tribes operating Arizona casinos will get one of the ten available sports betting licenses. Given Gila River’s position as one of the major players in the state, it seems more likely and not the group gets a license, but the Arizona Department of Gambling has not offered much insight on the decision process.
Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino slots & casino games
The Vee Quiva Hotel and Casino offers its patrons the following selection of slot machines and table games.
The property features more than 1,000 slot machines and has the largest slot selection of its sibling casinos. (Lone Butte has 800, and Wild Horse Pass has 900). There are all kinds of games from various slot providers, and wagers start at one cent. Moreover, some slots are aimed at high rollers and have high upper betting limits. For example, you can bet as much as $30 at Vee Quiva. Some of the most popular slots you’ll find at this Gila River Hotels and Casinos property include:
- 88 Fortunes — Developed by Bally Technologies, 88 Fortunes is one of the most popular contemporary land-based slot machines. The game is inspired by the concept of luck itself and features various golden elements as symbols on the reels. Even though it was initially designed for the Chinese market, the game became tremendously popular among U.S. players. It features a standard 5×3 grid and several exciting features.
- Golden Goddess — This title is developed by International Gaming Technology (IGT), one of the leading casino game providers, and is available in many U.S. casinos, including Vee Quiva. The game is inspired by various mythologies, and you’ll find several related symbols on the reels, including the goddess herself. Golden Goddess features a standard 5×3 grid and 40 paylines.
- Lock It Link — Part of a series by WMS, Lock It Link feature an engaging mechanic that proved to be an absolute hit with players around the U.S. In other words, Lock It Link isn’t a single game but rather several titles that all use the Lock It Link feature where adjacent symbols are linked and locked in place during the free spins round, creating more chances of landing a big win.
- Wild Fiesta Coins — Developed by Aristocrat, Wild Fiesta Coins is a slot machine inspired by Mexican culture. You’ll find plenty of elements related to Mexico on the reels, including a guitar and a chili pepper. The game features a 5×3 grid, captivating animations and several interesting bonus features.
- Ghostbusters — IGT has released a series of slot machines inspired by the iconic ’80s flick. The first version was released in 2011, but many other Ghostbusters games were subsequently developed, and you’ll find some of them at Vee Quiva.
There are currently 16 table games at Vee Quiva, including Ultimate Texas Hold’em Progressive and Three Card Poker Progressive. Even though Vee Quiva has the most extensive slot collection in its Gila River trio, it’s the smallest casino in terms of table games. The other two properties feature 20 table games each. Still, Vee Quiva offers progressive jackpots on some tables where lucky players can earn hundreds of thousands of dollars if they trigger the jackpot.
Players can also place various side bets in table games, including Super 4 Stax BJ Progressive, Buster Blackjack, In Between, Match the Dealer, and Push Your Luck. These side bets are also available in other Gila River casinos in the area.
Does Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino have a poker room?
Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino in Laveen Village, AZ, doesn’t feature poker tables. If you want some poker action, visit its sister casino Lone Butte, where you’ll find 30 tables, in addition to a vast parking lot and private poker entrance. Lone Butte offers hold ‘em, Omaha, and 5-10 Big O. There’s even a Bad Beat Jackpot.
More Arizona Casinos
- Apache Gold Casino Resort
- Apache Sky Casino Review
- Casino Arizona
- Casino Arizona at Talking Stick Resort
- Casino del Sol
- Casino of the Sun
- Desert Diamond Casino Sahuarita
- Desert Diamond Casino Tucson
- Desert Diamond Casino West Valley
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Lone Butte
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Wild Horse Pass
- Mazatzal Hotel & Casino
- Paradise Casino
- Spirit Mountain Casino
- Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort
- We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort
- Yavapai Casino
THE Card® rewards program
Loyal customers of any of the three Gila River properties can receive THE Card® by Gila River Hotels & Casinos. This loyalty card offers various benefits, including same-day cashback rewards, more ways to spend your points, more Fandom cards, and exclusive offers.
All the points you earn when playing games at Vee Quiva, Lone Butte, or Wild Horse Pass are added to your card, and you can use them in various ways. Here’s how you can earn points:
- Poker: Receive $1 in comps per hour of poker play
- Table games: 1 point for $7 in buy-in
- Bingo: 10 points for $1 bingo buy-in
- Slots: 1 slots point for $1 coin-in
The loyalty program is tiered, consisting of the four following levels:
- Emerald (0 – 19,999 points)
- Ruby (20,000 – 99,999 points)
- Gold (100,000 – 299,999)
- Platinum (300,000+)
Each tier brings additional prizes and benefits to loyal players. For example, if you reach the Platinum tier, you can enjoy 2x more points, VIP parties, guaranteed hotel and dining reservations, priority valet service, priority seating at restaurants and much more.
Responsible gambling at Gila River Hotels & Casinos
Gila River Hotels and Casinos promotes responsible gaming and ensures its guests aren’t gambling for the wrong reasons. The operator makes sure that gambling is only for fun and asks individuals to gamble responsibly at its three casinos. Those who cannot resist their impulses and might have a gambling problem should check out PlayGila’s resources and support.
Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino history and ownership
Vee Quiva is run by Gila River Gaming Enterprises, a casino operator founded by the Gila River Indian Community. The community joined two tribes, Pee Posh and Akimel O’odham, and was established in 1859 by executive order. The community then devised its own constitution in 1939.
It is located on more than 600 square miles of land in the Phoenix metropolitan area, bordering several cities, including Casa Grande, Mesa, Avondale, and Phoenix.
Vee Quiva is the newest of the three entertainment facilities, opening to visitors on July 2, 2013. Since then, it has been operating quite successfully, welcoming thousands of guests.