Spirit Mountain Casino
Located in Mohave Valley, Arizona, Spirit Mountain Casino is owned and operated by the Fort Mojave Indian Tribe, a federally recognized tribe that resides on the Fort Mojave reservation on the Colorado River. The casino is located on a tri-border between Arizona, California, and Nevada, approximately 110 miles south of Las Vegas.
It is relatively small at approximately 9,500 square feet. There, you’ll find roughly 250 slot machines, in addition to video keno and video poker options. However, the casino doesn’t feature any table games, bingo, or poker options at the moment.
If you’re interested in learning more about Spirit Mountain Casino, read our detailed overview below.
Spirit Mountain Casino details
- Name: Spirit Mountain Casino
- Address: 8555 AZ-95, Mohave Valley, AZ 86440, United States
- Phone number: +1 928-346-2000
- Hours of operation: 7 AM – 12 AM
- Gambling available: Slots, keno, video poker
Arizona Casinos in the News
Spirit Mountain Casino sportsbook
Unfortunately, Spirit Mountain Casino does not feature any sports betting options. Arizona sports betting was recently legalized, which means it could become part of Spirit Mountain’s offer in the future. On the other hand, the casino likes to keep things simple and is relatively small to consider adding more gambling options, which is an argument against potential sports betting services.
Spirit Mountain Casino – slots & casino games
Spirit Mountain Casino in Arizona offers the following choice of slots and casino games for its patrons to play:
Slot games are the central part of Spirit Mountain Casino’s offer. The property features 250 slot machines that range from penny slots to dollar machines. Players who are into keno will find plenty of great electronic variations of the popular game of luck. Poker lovers will also find a decent selection of video poker machines.
Finally, the venue features 28 stand-alone in-house progressive jackpots, meaning big prizes often drop at Spirit Mountain Casino.
- Buffalo — This is perhaps one of the most popular land-based slot machines in the US, and it’s present in virtually every casino in the country, including Spirit Mountain Casino in Arizona.
- Game King — An IGT slots machine, Game King offers several different games within a single device. Apart from slots, Game King often offers video keno, video poker, and more.
The casino focuses on electronic gaming machines — mainly slots, video poker, and keno. Unfortunately, it doesn’t feature any table games at the moment. Therefore, if you want to play games such as blackjack, baccarat, roulette, and others, you’ll have to try other casinos in Arizona.
More Arizona Casinos
- Apache Gold Casino Resort
- Apache Sky Casino Review
- Casino Arizona
- Casino Arizona at Talking Stick Resort
- Casino del Sol
- Casino of the Sun
- Desert Diamond Casino Sahuarita
- Desert Diamond Casino Tucson
- Desert Diamond Casino West Valley
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Lone Butte
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Vee Quiva
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Wild Horse Pass
- Mazatzal Hotel & Casino
- Paradise Casino
- Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort
- We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort
- Yavapai Casino
Does Spirit Mountain Casino have a poker room?
Apart from video poker, Spirit Mountain Casino doesn’t feature any poker options, meaning there are no live poker cash games or tournaments at this gambling facility.
Spirit Mountain Casino racing
No racing options are available at Spirit Mountain Casino.
mySpirit rewards program
Spirit Mountain Casino is part of the mySpirit rewards and benefits program. To collect points, you need to play games in the casino. All types of games are eligible for this program, and betting $1 on reels, video keno, and video reels will give you one point. However, to receive a point, you need to bet $2 on video poker.
The redemption rate is 500 = one, which means for every 500 points you collect, you’ll receive $1. You can redeem the accumulated slots for free slot play or food and drinks at the Mesquite Grill, the only dining option at Spirit Mountain Casino, which offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus. You can even redeem the points for some of the promotional items that Spirit Mountain Casino occasionally provides. Finally, there’s an option to redeem your points for some cash as part of a cashback deal.
The rewards club is also tiered, and you can move through tiers by collecting points, with higher levels yielding higher rewards. Here’s how the tiers are structured:
- Preferred tier — New members who enter the rewards club are part of this tier. The main benefit of this tier is the ability to earn points from all gaming activities.
- Exclusive tier — Once you earn 1,000 points, you’ll become an Exclusive member, which offers additional benefits, including entries for special promotions, birthday gifts, VIP invitations, and a monthly meal for two at the Mesquite Grill.
- Signature tier — To become a Signature member, you need to collect 50,000 points in 365 days. Signature players receive all previous benefits, in addition to double points on all gaming activities, exclusive Signature gifts, and four free monthly meals at the Mesquite Grill.
Your points are calculated for the previous 365 days. Every day, the mySpirit system reviews all players and their points and moves them into the appropriate tiers. In other words, if you want to keep being a member of a certain level, you need to maintain the number of points required for it.
Spirit Mountain Casino’s responsible gambling program
Spirit Mountain Casino is partnered with the Arizona Department of Gaming, Division of Problem Gambling, which focuses on educating the residents of the Grand Canyon State on the dangers of gambling addiction.
If you or someone you know may have developed a gambling problem, you need to contact the Division of Problem Gambling. You can do that by calling 1-800-NEXT-STEP or sending NEXT-STEP to 53342. Alternatively, you can learn more about problem gambling on the Division’s official website and even take the self-assessment quiz to understand what exactly problem gambling is and whether you might be susceptible to it.
Simply put, Spirit Mountain Casino doesn’t do much in terms of responsible gambling because it doesn’t have to, as Arizona’s Division of Problem Gambling features a fantastic service that aims to educate, help, and ultimately prevent players from developing an addiction.
Spirit Mountain Casino history and ownership
The casino is owned by the Fort Mojave Indian Tribe, which resides on the reservation of the same name and is located between Arizona, California, and Nevada. Its full name is actually Fort Mojave Indian Tribe of Arizona, California, and Nevada, and it’s part of the federally recognized Mojave people.
The tribe started operating their first casino in 1995 — Aci Resort & Casino in Nevada. It’s the tribe’s main gambling property, featuring more than 650 slots and plenty of other table games.
In 2003, the tribe agreed with California Governor Gray Davis to start operating a casino near Needles, California — Arizona’s Spirit Mountain Casino. To this day, no significant changes have taken place, and the casino remains a small gambling property, mainly aimed at casino-goers living nearby.