Founded in 1994, Yavapai Casino is situated just across the highway from another gaming facility called Bucky’s Casino. Both facilities, along with a 165-room resort, are owned and operated by the Yavapai-Prescott tribe.
The tribal casino occupies 6,000 square feet, and the gaming floor offers only around 175 slot machines. Those looking for exciting casino games should go straight to Bucky’s Casino and play at one of the ten gaming tables.
Together, these two facilities take up 24,000 square feet and include 475 slot machines and ten live tables.
Besides the gaming hall, Yavapai Casino also features a cantina whose menu includes all the Tex-Mex classics, like burritos, fish tacos, quesadillas, burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches.
Yavapai Casino details
- Name: Yavapai Casino
- Address: 1505 E, AZ-69, Prescott, AZ 86301, United States
- Phone Number: Local +1 928-445-5767; toll-free +1 800-756-8744
- Hours of Operation: Sunday to Thursday from 8 AM to 12 AM; Friday and Saturday — 24 hours
- Gambling Available: Slots, video poker.
Arizona Casinos in the News
Will Yavapai Casino operate a sportsbook?
Given that the gaming landscape in Arizona is changing, the Yavapai-Prescott tribe may begin operating a sportsbook soon.
In May 2021, the tribe announced that it had restarted construction on a new casino located on the tribe’s federal trust land at the intersection of the Yavpe Connector and Highway 69. While it’s doubtful the existing Yavapai Casino will introduce a sportsbook, the same can’t be said for the new gaming facility.
There’s no news about what the new Yavapai-Prescott tribe casino will look like and what amenities it will offer, leaving us with no knowledge about the potential sportsbook. However, if one were to open, sports betting would exist only in a land-based form, as federal law prohibits all online gambling on tribal land.
Yavapai Casino – slots & casino games
Yavapai Casino in Prescott, AZ, offers its guests the following selection of slots and casino games to enjoy:
Despite being a small land-based gaming facility, Yavapai Casino partnered with reputable companies that create slot machines with immersive and rewarding gameplay — SG Gaming, IGT, Aristocrat, etc.
Slot denominations vary from one game to another, but the minimum you can wager is 5¢. Of course, you can adjust the size of your bet and play according to your financial abilities.
Below is a selection of the most popular titles we found at Yavapai Casino. Take a look and see what to expect from the games:
- Wheel of Fortune — Drawing inspiration from one of the biggest game shows, the Wheel of Fortune slot machine is a classic IGT creation with three reels, and of course, the unavoidable large wheel. By collecting free spins, players can get a chance to trigger massive prizes along with the progressive jackpot that usually reaches $1 million.
- Jeopardy! — This is another slot machine based on a widely popular TV game show, Jeopardy! Coming from IGT, the slot boasts five reels and nine paylines with an RTP rate of 95%. By placing the maximum $5 bet, players can collect a prize of up to $25,000.
- Lock It Link Diamonds — Launched under SG Gaming, Lock It Link Diamonds is a five-reel slot machine from the iconic Lock It Link. The unique features here are six free games and the Lock It Link re-spin that can lead to some hefty wins. Of course, you’ll come across the signature Lock It Link feature that will definitely amp up your gameplay.
- Mighty Cash Double Up — Following the Lightning Link series, the Mighty Cash Double Up is an Aristocrat release that packs some neat features. The special money symbols will activate re-spins, giving you more chances to hit the big win. One of the largest prizes received during the game reached 9,000x the stake, so you do the math.
- 88 Fortunes Diamond — This release followed in the footsteps of a largely successful SG Gaming slot machine, 88 Fortunes. The Diamond edition uses the TwinStart3 RM cabinet, creating an immersive experience. The slot boasts a free game bonus and a favorite Fu Bat jackpot feature to generate some jaw-dropping wins or trigger the progressive jackpot.
Aside from the action-packed slot machine offering, the Yavapai Casino diversifies the options with a couple of video poker machines.
Given its small size, Yavapai Casino only offers slot and video poker machines. Players who wish to engage in real casino table action can cross the highway and go to Bucky’s Casino that features ten live tables and hosts blackjack and poker.
Does Yavapai Casino have a poker room?
Unfortunately, Yavapai Casino in Prescott doesn’t have a dedicated poker room, nor does it offer any live tables. The small casino only boasts around 175 slot machines. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a couple of popular poker variants like High Card Flush and Heads Up Hold’em at the live tables located at Bucky’s Casino.
Until recently, Bucky’s also featured a six-table poker room that held cash games and tournaments. The tribe recently announced that the poker room at Bucky’s would remain closed.
More Arizona Casinos
- Apache Gold Casino Resort
- Apache Sky Casino Review
- Casino Arizona
- Casino Arizona at Talking Stick Resort
- Casino del Sol
- Casino of the Sun
- Desert Diamond Casino Sahuarita
- Desert Diamond Casino Tucson
- Desert Diamond Casino West Valley
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Lone Butte
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Vee Quiva
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Wild Horse Pass
- Mazatzal Hotel & Casino
- Paradise Casino
- Spirit Mountain Casino
- Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort
- We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort
Yavapai Casino racing
Since there’s no racetrack in the vicinity, no racing options are available to patrons.
Gold Rush Club rewards program
Yavapai Casino has a loyalty program called the Gold Rush Club, whose members are entitled to various rewards. Patrons can get a card by visiting the club and showing an ID. Using the Gold Rush card will help you collect points and unlock many perks.
There are five levels organized as follows:
- Classic — up to 1,999 points
- Gold — from 2,000 to 9,999 points
- Ruby — from 10,000 to 24,999 points
- Sapphire — from 25,000 to 54,999 points
- Emerald — 55,000+ points.
Each level has special rewards and benefits ranging from redeemable points and restaurant discounts to cashback promotions and exclusive event invites.
Yavapai Casino responsible gambling program
Despite not having a responsible gambling program, Yavapai Casino creates a safe gaming environment, abides by all regulations imposed by Arizona gambling laws, and only allows players over 21 inside the premises.
Moreover, players who notice signs of a gambling problem should reach out to +1 800-NEXT-STEP — a hotline that offers help to those in need.
Yavapai Casino history and ownership
Yavapai Casino first opened its doors in 1994, two years after the Yavapai-Prescott tribe established Bucky’s Casino. Despite being one of the smaller gaming venues, it managed to persevere for over 25 years.
However, seven years ago, the tribe announced the construction of a new casino that would occupy the land across from the Frontier Village Shopping Mall. The plan was to open a casino that would take over gaming operations from the two existing Arizona casinos — Yavapai and Bucky’s.
Until a couple of months ago, the tribe hadn’t taken any action towards starting the construction. Recently, the tribe released a statement saying that they have restarted the development plans and that the first phase is underway.
Now, the real question remains — will the Yavapai-Prescott tribe stick to its original plan to demolish Yavapai and Bucky’s Casinos and move all operations to the new location? We can only wait and see.