BetMGM Arizona Sportsbook Bonus Code PLAYBONUS for $1,000
BetMGM NBA Playoffs Promo - Bet $10 Win $200 (Not available in NY) - Simply register your account, make a deposit, and bet $10 on any NBA game and if any team hits a 3-pointer, you get $200 in free bets. (Please note the regular risk-free bet offer mentioned elsewhere in this review is not available during this promo) - To Claim Click This Link
Get started at BetMGM Sportsbook Arizona today with the BetMGM bonus code PLAYBONUS. The bonus code ensures that the first bet you place with BetMGM will be risk-free for up to $1,000. So, make your first bet on the Phoenix Suns or Arizona Cardinals (or any other event you like), and if the bet isn’t successful you’ll receive a refund in bonus bets.
That’s not all our BetMGM Sportsbook Arizona review has to offer. Read our review to learn how to sign up, make deposits, place bets, cash out winnings and contact customer service. We’ll talk about the sportsbook’s best features, such as it’s user-friendly parlay builder. Or the M life Rewards, which can be redeemed at MGM properties across the country. And we look at ways the sportsbook could improve, too.
We also explain how to download the BetMGM Android or iOS app, which allows for easy betting, whether you’re in Phoenix, Tucson, Scottsdale or anywhere else in Arizona. And we’ll even get into details on BetMGM retail sportsbooks in the state, the first of which is now open at Gila Rivers Hotels & Casinos – Vee Quiva.
BetMGM bonus code Arizona 2022
The BetMGM bonus code for Arizona is PLAYBONUS. New BetMGM Sportsbook users in Arizona will get their first wager refunded (in free bets) if it loses, up to a maximum of $1,000. To claim this bonus, all you have to do is enter the bonus code when you make your first deposit.
|Arizona Sportsbook||BetMGM Sportsbook|
|BetMGM Bonus Code for Arizona||PLAYBONUS|
|Risk Free First Bet||Up to $1,000|
|Local Partners||Arizona Cardinals; Gila River Hotels & Casinos|
|Retail Sportsbook||Gila Rivers Hotels & Casinos – Vee Quiva.
More locations to come.
|Online Since||2021 in Arizona|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
BetMGM Arizona welcome bonus — the fine print!
BetMGM AZ’s risk-free bet is one of the simplest sportsbook welcome offers to understand and use. With the BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code PLAYBONUS you’ll receive a risk-free wager up to $1,000 when you sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook in Arizona. Here is a rundown of the risk-free bet offer:
- After you enter the BetMGM bonus code PLAYBONUS, you need to deposit at least $10. Then simply place a bet and if it loses BetMGM will issue a refund for up to $1,000.
- Losing bets of $49 and below will receive one free bet equal to the amount of the loss. Losing bets of $50 and above will receive five free wagers equaling the size of the loss. For instance, if you lost $500 on your first bet, you would get five $100 free wagers.
- You must use the free bets within seven days or they will expire.
- Note that you don’t receive the value of the free bet back in your winnings. If you place a $100 free bet at +100 odds and win, you would receive $100, not $200. Additionally, you can’t cash out early when using free bets.
How does BetMGM’s welcome bonus compare to other Arizona sportsbooks?
BetMGM’s welcome bonus is among the top offers we have seen at any Arizona sportsbook.
First, there are no odds restrictions for either your initial wager or for your free bets. Second, it’s great that bets for $50 and above receive five free bets as opposed to just one. You still can place all your free bets on one wager if you want, but it gives you the freedom to spread them out, too.
Can I trust BetMGM Sportsbook?
Yes, BetMGM is a legitimate online sportsbook. It operates under a sports betting license from the Arizona Department of Gaming. BetMGM already has online sportsbooks in 10 other states across the US and will be launching elsewhere in the near future, as well.
Locally, BetMGM is partnered with Gila River Hotels & Casinos. It also has a partnership with the Arizona Cardinals.
There are a few rules to be aware of in order to legally gamble on sports in AZ.
- You have to be at least 21 years old to bet on sports at BetMGM or any other legal sportsbook in Arizona.
- If you are not within the state, you will not be able to place bets or cash them out. If the geolocation on your device can’t place you in Arizona, you won’t be able to bet.
- While betting on in-state colleges like Arizona and Arizona State is legal, you can’t place any college prop bets in the state.
How do I download the BetMGM Arizona app?
The BetMGM Sportsbook app allows for easy betting on your smartphone and/or tablet. It is available for Android and iOS devices.
To download the app, follow our links to the BetMGM homepage while on your iPhone, iPad or Android phone/tablet. From there just follow the links to download the correct app for your device.
Getting started at BetMGM Arizona Sportsbook
The easiest way to get started is to follow the BetMGM link from this page to the sportsbook’s website, where you can register. You also can open the BetMGM app and select “Register.” Then you’ll need to enter the following personal details:
- First and last name
- Home address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
Once you have filled out the application form and checked a few boxes to verify your age and certify that all your info is correct, your account will be good to go.
Where do I find BetMGM promotions?
When you open the app or website, you will see most of the available promotions on a rotating banner near the top of the screen. You can click on an individual offer to learn more about how it works and to opt in.
To see all of the available promotions, though, you need to click the “Promotions” header at the very top. Once again, you can select each offer individually to read all the pertinent details and to opt in. If you fail to opt in to a promotion, you will not receive any of the bonuses or benefits associated with it.
Here are some examples of the types of promotions you will find:
- Free bets and parlay tokens. At times you’ll receive free bets and parlay boost tokens from BetMGM. These rewards do not apply automatically and require you to select them from your bet slip. If you have a booster token or free bet, you’ll see a bright yellow box in your bet slip. When you click on it, you’ll be able to choose which promotional offering you want to use. You can use only one bonus at a time, so you couldn’t use both a free bet and booster token on the same bet, for example.
- Monday Money Club. Under this promotion, when you place a minimum of $50 in qualifying wagers each week, the sportsbook will provide you with a $10 free bet the following week.
- Parlay Plus. This promo increases your profits on parlays of between four and seven legs by as much as 40%. You receive any extra winnings as free bets, not simply as cash.
- Parlay insurance promotions. These offers almost always refund your losses of between $10 and $25 on parlays in which only one leg fails. Make sure to read the terms and conditions for each promotion because some of them have conditions and minimum odds.
Why should I choose the BetMGM Sportsbook app in Arizona?
Deciding which sportsbook or sportsbooks you’re going to do business with can be tricky, given all your options. Here are some of BetMGM’s strong points to consider.
- Easy Parlay Builder: There are multiple ways to build parlays at BetMGM Arizona Sportsbook, but none is as easy as the Easy Parlay Builder. This allows you to change between spreads, totals and moneyline bets with a single click, and changing sports is just as simple. In a matter of seconds you can build a parlay that includes bets on the Diamondbacks, Suns and Coyotes.
- Bonuses and rewards: BetMGM Sportsbook also rewards you for each bet you place. When you join, you’re enrolled in M life Rewards, which is the loyalty club connected to all MGM Resort properties. Additionally, the Money Monday Club acts as another type of reward club. Each week that you place $50 worth of qualifying bets, you receive a $10 free bet the following week.
- Variety of banking options: Sometimes users can overlook banking options at an online sportsbook until they go to make a withdrawal and discover they can’t get their money out in a timely manner. That will not happen at BetMGM. It has a number of ways to deposit money, and the four options (PayPal, e-check, bank transfer, Play+ card) to cash out your winnings are varied enough that they should cover nearly everyone.
What won’t I like about the BetMGM Sportsbook app?
As an additional consideration, here are some of the areas where we found BetMGM somewhat disappointing.
- Default bet settings aren’t great: When you create your account, consider changing your default bet setting. The settings start with $50 as the default stake and “skip confirmation on bet placement” enabled. That means as soon as you click “Place bet,” your bet is active. Making accidental bets increasingly possible. As for the default stake field, you can make it whatever you choose.
- Opting in to promos on the app is a hassle: Being forced to opt in to all promotions is a pain regardless, but the process of doing so on the BetMGM app is not ideal. You have to go to the promotions page, click on offers one at a time and then select the opt-in button. The process is less of an ordeal on the website, but it still would be better if it didn’t exist at all.
- Boosted parlays aren’t always the best odds: Across the top of the sportsbook, you’ll see prebuilt parlays with slightly boosted odds. Unfortunately, at times those odds are less than those you would get from building the parlay on your own. We suggest always checking the odds yourself before simply accepting the “boosted” odds.
What kind of bets can I make at BetMGM Sports?
BetMGM AZ sports betting offers all the usual sports bets like moneylines, point spreads and over/under wagers, along with props, futures bets, live betting and more. Here is how game listings appear on the BetMGM app, followed by an explanation of how various common bets work.
|Seattle Seahawks||+3.5(-110)||Over 47(-110)||+165|
|Arizona Cardinals||-3.5(-110)||Under 47(-110)||-200|
- What is a point spread? Sportsbooks use point spreads to even out two sides of a game. Favorites appear with negative numbers, and to cover they must win by more than the spread number. Underdogs appear with positive numbers, and they will cover if they lose by less than that number or win the game outright. In the example above, Arizona would need to win by four or more.The number in parentheses is the odds; -110 equates to having to bet $11 in order to win back $10. Spread odds for football and basketball will be right around that -110 number.
- How do I bet on the total? When you place a bet on the total, you have two choices: over or under. That is because totals bets are for the combined points in a game. If you wager on the over and the teams score more than the listed number, you win.In this example, there also is a chance for a push. If Seattle and Arizona combine for exactly 47 points, all totals bets would push and the sportsbook would return the money to your account.
- How do moneyline odds work? To win a moneyline bet, all you need to do is correctly bet on the team that wins. As was the case with spread bets, teams with negative numbers are favored, so here the Cardinals are the favorite to win. For that reason you would need to risk $200 (hence the -200 odds) to make $100 on a winning bet. If instead you bet on the Seahawks, a $100 wager would pay out $165 (odds of +165).
- A parlay allows you to combine multiple bets onto one slip to increase your potential profits. For instance, if you combined two spread bets with -110 odds each, your parlay odds would be +264. That’s decent, but add another bet with -110 odds and your overall odds jump to +595. One more and they balloon to +1228, etc. The catch is that if any of your picks are incorrect, you win nothing. Meaning your risk is climbing right along with the odds.
- Round robin bets also involve multiple selections, but they are arranged so that you can miss a pick and still win some money. Though you win more if you get everything correct.
- Futures. BetMGM has futures markets for most major pro and college sports leagues. Futures bets are long-term wagers you place on events that may not be settled for months. For instance, you could bet on the Cardinals to win the Super Bowl at the start of the NFL season.
- Live betting. On the opposite end of the spectrum from Futures, live betting is when you wager on games as they are playing out. Clicking on the “Live” header will pull up all the available in game bets at BetMGM.
Odds and lines will shift rapidly. Depending on the game, you might be able to place just spread, total and moneyline wagers, but you also will find games where you can bet on what will happen on the next play.
Bet MGM Sportsbook also offers a selection of prop bets for most games. Props are wagers that aren’t tied directly to the final score. Here are some examples of popular NFL prop bets:
- What will the first scoring play of the game be?
- Which player will score the first TD?
- Player over/unders for stats like passing, receiving and rushing yards.
- Total accepted penalties.
Prop betting markets continue to grow in size and popularity, and BetMGM offers a variety of options.
Can I bet on the Arizona Diamondbacks at BetMGM Sports Book?
Yes, at BetMGM you can wager on the Diamondbacks and all 29 other Major League Baseball teams. You are able to place all manner of wagers from the section above, but baseball also has a lot of distinct bets to consider:
- First x innings: You can place bets on the first three, five and seven innings. Such wagers depend more heavily on the game’s starting pitchers and less on bullpens. Since games can be tied at those stages, you can bet on that happening, as well.
- Win/total bets: This will show you a handful of preconstructed two leg parlays. You’ll see wagers such as “Moneyline and total runs,” which could be for the Diamondbacks and over 7.5, or “Moneyline and both teams to score three runs or more.”
- Alternate spreads: Baseball spreads are called run lines and use 1.5 as the default number. If, however, you think Arizona is going to win or lose by much more than that, you can choose alternate lines. For instance, if you think Arizona is going to crush the Colorado Rockies, you could bet Arizona -4.5 and see your odds climb.
- Game props: BetMGM has tons of props for what will happen during MLB games. You can bet on which team will score first, which team will have the highest scoring inning, whether there will be extra innings, etc.
- Player props: You can place over/under bets on how many strikeouts or earned runs a starting pitcher will have. And BetMGM also has bets for home runs, hits, RBIs, runs scored, singles, doubles, triples, total bases and stolen bases.
If you’re a fan of any of our other local teams (Phoenix Suns, Arizona Coyotes, Phoenix Mercury, Arizona State Sun Devils, Arizona Wildcats) you can bet on them as well at BetMGM. The one exception is that Arizona law forbids college prop bets.
How do I get money on (and off!) BetMGM Sportsbook quickly?
Your banking options are pretty extensive with BetMGM in Arizona. While there are nearly twice as many deposit choices as there are for withdrawals, the options are still more than sufficient in our opinion.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online bank transfers||$10||Instant|
|Visa, Mastercard, Discover credit|
and debit cards
|Bank wire transfer||$50||Instant|
|Play+ prepaid card||$10||Instant|
|PayNearMe||$10||Up to 48 Hours|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online bank transfers||$10||Up to 5 days|
|ACH (e-check)||$500||Up to 5 days|
|PayPal||$10||Up to 5 days|
|Play+ prepaid card||$10||Up to 5 days|
Note that you can only withdraw funds using a method that you have used to make a deposit in the past 180 days. Additionally, while the official processing time is up to five days, it will be much quicker than that the majority of the time.
How do I get help at Bet MGM Sportsbook?
BetMGM’s help desk is available 24 hours a day if you do happen to experience any issues. We suggest starting with the FAQ, available under the account menu and then support. If that doesn’t help, you have the option of starting a live chat, sending an email through your BetMGM account or visiting the help pages.
The live chat option is a good choice if you have some free time to talk with a BetMGM representative. If you don’t have time, the email option usually works quite well, too. Lastly, if you choose the phone option, a help desk agent will call you back ASAP.
How do I exclude myself from BetMGM?
Under the gambling limits tab at BetMGM, you can control how much money you can deposit, how much you can lose in a set period of time and/or how much time you can be on the app and website. Under the self-exclusion tab, you can elect to exclude yourself from real-money wagering and depositing, though you still can make withdrawals.
If you think you or someone you know could have a gambling problem, resources are available on this Arizona responsible gambling page.
Can I bet at BetMGM Arizona sportsbook in person?
Yes, you place bets in person at Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Vee Quiva. At Vee Quiva you’ll find seating for more than 100 patrons as well as 25 large TV boards to watch all the Arizona sports action. Vee Quiva also offers 20 in-person BetMGM betting kiosks and ticket writers to help you place all your bets.
BetMGM is also planning on opening retail sportsbooks at Lone Butte and Wild Horse Pass. Both of these are part of the Gila River Hotels & Casinos chain.
But wait, there’s more. Thanks to BetMGM Sportsbook Arizona’s partnership with the Arizona Cardinals, a brick-and-mortar sportsbook is expected to open at State Farm Stadium, the Cardinals home, in time for the start of the 2022 NFL season. There is no word yet where BetMGM Sportsbook will be located at State Farm Stadium, but we’ll update this review with more info as we have it.
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Vee Quiva
Address: 15091 S. Komatka Ln., Laveen Village, AZ 85339
Betting: 20 in-person betting kiosks
Opened: November 2021
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Wild Horse Pass
Address: 5040 Wild Horse Pass Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85226
Opening: Expected 2022
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Lone Butte
Address: 1077 S. Kyrene Rd., Chandler, AZ 85226
Opening: Expected 2022
- State Farm Stadium – BetMGM Sportsbook
Address: 1 Cardinals Dr., Glendale, AZ 85305
Opening: Expected 2022
How does BetMGM compare to other Arizona sportsbooks?
BetMGM is a great sportsbook, but there are some areas where it’s better and worse than some of its top competitors in Arizona. Here’s how it stacks up against WynnBET, DraftKings, FanDuel and PointsBet.
- BetMGM vs. WynnBET: The biggest battle between these two might be for which has the better spokesperson. BetMGM has Jamie Foxx while WynnBET has Shaquille O’Neal — let’s just call that a tossup. As for the actual books, both offer risk-free bets for new users, up to $1,000. BetMGM also has more promotions and more betting options.
- BetMGM vs. DraftKings: This is a much tougher matchup. While we do like the BetMGM welcome bonus better, we also like the overall promotions offered at DraftKings. The DraftKings and BetMGM apps both tend to work better than their websites, so that’s a tie.
BetMGM Sportsbook Arizona FAQ
Enter the code PLAYBONUS at BetMGM to receive a risk-free first bet for up to $1,000. If your opening bet loses, you’ll receive a refund in free bets.
It depends on the banking method you use. All but one of the banking methods allow for a $10 minimum deposit. Wire transfers, however, require you to deposit at least $50.
Yes, you can bet on college sports at BetMGM. This includes betting on in-state teams or games. However, state law does not allow for college prop bets.
Depending on the situation, yes, BetMGM may allow you to cash out early. To do so, you can check your bet slip (if the game has started), or the cash-out section (if it hasn’t). Not all events allow you to cash out early, however.
BetMGM’s odds boosts are, essentially, the same as others: increased odds and decreased vig. One difference, however, is that parlay boosts are the most common form at BetMGM. These are boosts that only apply to parlays, not single-event bets.
To get the app, head to the BetMGM Arizona homepage on your mobile device. Open the menu from the options at the bottom of your screen and select the sportsbook app from under where it says “Download our app.” This should take you to the appropriate page where you can get the app. Both apps are well-built, easy to use, and safe and secure.