Casino of the Sun
Casino of the Sun is one of two Arizona gambling facilities owned by the Pascua Yaqui Tribe. It is located in Tucson, less than ten miles east of the Tucson International Airport and just two miles from the tribe’s newer gambling venue, Casino del Sol.
The casino opened its doors to the public in 1994, but its roots can be traced back to 1982, when the property started operating as the Bingo Club. Today, the premises feature a 40,000-square-foot gaming floor with around 300 slot machines and a few blackjack tables.
Apart from the gaming area, Casino of the Sun also features the Sunflower Café where players can enjoy affordable drinks and dining options. The Sunset Room event center is available for different kinds of small- to moderately-sized events.
Players can visit the casino 24/7, but they must be at least 21 years old to be allowed entrance, as stipulated by Arizona’s gambling laws.
Casino of the Sun details
- Name: Casino of the Sun
- Address: 7406 S Camino De Oeste, Tucson, AZ 85746
- Phone number: (520) 883-1700
- Hours of operation: 24/7, daily
- Gambling available: Slots, electronic table games, blackjack
Arizona Casinos in the News
Will Casino of the Sun operate a sportsbook?
As Arizona sports betting takes off, Casino of the Sun has yet to include a sportsbook. What’s more, the casino did not indicate any plans to include one soon.
On the flip side, Casino of the Sun’s sister venue, Casino del Sol already announced its plans to open a sportsbook. So, it remains to be seen whether the Pascua Yaqui Tribe will decide to operate one at its original casino site as well.
Casino of the Sun – slots & casino games
Visitors to Casino of the Sun in Tuscon, AZ, are greeted with the following selection of slot machines and table games:
With a 40,000 square-foot gambling space and only 300 slot machines, Casino of the Sun is a perfect place for players who prefer gaming in a less bustling and more intimate atmosphere. Despite the rather small size, the casino features some intriguing titles you will definitely enjoy playing.
The machines come in multiple denominations, making them suitable for all bankroll sizes. The titles are supplied by some of the best game providers in the market and feature different themes and game mechanics.
Let’s take a look at the top three titles you definitely shouldn’t miss:
- Wheel of Fortune progressive — These are some of the most popular slot machines ever, since players can find Wheel of Fortune games in most casinos across America. Their distinctive feature is a huge spinning wheel sitting on top of the game cabinets. In addition to several special features and a superb design inspired by the popular game show of the same name, the slot machine also features one of the biggest jackpots you can find in a land-based casino.
- Elvis slot by IGT — If you love the tried and true games and slots inspired by pop culture, you will enjoy this IGT slot. The game’s design honors the late king of rock‘n’roll, and it features a standard five-reel grid with up to 25 paylines. In addition to the straightforward base game, Elvis includes special features that make the game more dynamic. The machine also includes a jackpot feature that can bring your winnings up to 5,000 credits or $350,000.
- Jeopardy — As another slot machine based on a famous game show, the Jeopardy slot has enjoyed immense popularity among casino players. The slot works on a five-reel matrix with nine paylines and a few bonus features. An additional jackpot feature allows you to win up to 25,000 coins which equals $25,000.
If slots are not your thing, you can opt for electronic blackjack or play at one of several $3 blackjack tables. Unfortunately, the casino doesn’t currently feature any other kind of table games. If you’re looking for more variety, you can visit the Pascua Yaqui Tribe’s new gambling facility, Casino del Sol, located just two miles from Casino of the Sun. This casino features more than 30 tables with all of the most popular casino games.
Players can access the blackjack tables in Casino of the Sun from Thursday through Saturday from 10 AM to 2 AM and on Sundays from 12 PM to 10 PM. The table game section is closed from Monday to Wednesday.
Does Casino of the Sun have a poker room?
Unfortunately, Casino of the Sun doesn’t currently feature a poker room. If you are a poker fan, you can stop by the Casino del Sol, where you can find around 20 poker tables and participate in poker tournaments.
More Arizona Casinos
- Apache Gold Casino Resort
- Apache Sky Casino Review
- Casino Arizona
- Casino Arizona at Talking Stick Resort
- Casino del Sol
- Desert Diamond Casino Sahuarita
- Desert Diamond Casino Tucson
- Desert Diamond Casino West Valley
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Lone Butte
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Vee Quiva
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Wild Horse Pass
- Mazatzal Hotel & Casino
- Paradise Casino
- Spirit Mountain Casino
- Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort
- We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort
- Yavapai Casino
Club Sol rewards program
Casino of the Sun patrons can become members of the Club Sol rewards program the venue shares with its sister casino, Casino del Sol. Members can collect loyalty points for their gameplay at either of the facilities. You should visit the Club Sol desk at Casino del Sol or Casino of the Sun to join the program.
The program consists of five different tiers determined by the number of points a player has collected within 12 months. Here is how the tiers work:
- Copper — 0-1,999 tier points
- Opal — 2,000 tier points
- Jade — 50,000 tier points
- Ruby — 150,000 tier points
- Onyx — 400,000 tier points
Like most other rewards programs, Club Sol showers its members with more generous rewards each time they reach a new loyalty level. Therefore, players can get early notices for concerts and sporting events, valet and priority parking, gas cards with discounts, dining, spa, and retail discounts, personal casino hosts, and more.
Casino of the Sun’s responsible gambling program
Although the casino website shares no particular information regarding its responsible gambling policy, it does offer some resources for players struggling with gambling problems. If you notice your gambling habits influencing your well-being negatively, you can call this toll-free number for help: 1‑800‑639‑87831.
Casino of the Sun history and ownership
Although the Casino of the Sun we know today was established in 1994, its early history goes back to 1982 when the property became home to Arizona’s first bingo club. Over the years, it has expanded to include 40,000 square feet of gaming space with around 300 slot machines and several blackjack tables.
Casino of the Sun underwent a significant expansion project in 2019, adding an 11,000 square-foot event space.
Casino of the Sun is owned and operated by Arizona’s Pascua Yaqui Tribe, which runs another nearby casino, Casino del Sol.