Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Wild Horse Pass
The Gila River Hotel & Casino Wild Horse Pass is a casino resort in Chandler, Arizona, just 20 minutes away from downtown Phoenix. Along with the nearby Lone Butte resort and the Vee Quiva resort in Laveen, it is run by the Gila River Indian Community.
The casino was established in 2009 and is currently one of the biggest in the state. It features a 100,000-square-foot gaming floor with approximately 1,000 slot machines, more than 20 gaming tables, and a poker room.
In addition to the casino, the property also includes an AAA Four Diamond awarded hotel with 242 rooms and several restaurants and bars where players can grab a meal or a refreshment. Other amenities include the 1,400-seat showroom, the Encore Lounge with its live music, plus a nightclub.
The casino welcomes its patrons 24/7. According to the Arizona gambling laws, players must be at least 21 to enter.
Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Wild Horse Pass details
- Name: Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Wild Horse Pass
- Address: 5040 Wild Horse Pass Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226
- Phone Number: (800) 946-4452
- Hours of Operation: 24/7, daily
- Gambling Available: Slot games, gaming tables, poker room
Arizona Casinos in the News
Wild Horse Pass Casino – slots & casino games
Visitors to Wild Horse Pass Casino & Hotel can enjoy the following choice of slot machines and table games:
The Wild Horse Pass Casino contains a 100,000-square-foot gaming floor with enough space to house more than 1,000 slot machines. That collection stands as one of Arizona’s top five largest.
As could be expected of such a vast assortment of games, it contains many popular machines, including classic three-reel slots, progressive jackpots, and five-reel games featuring different themes and special features.
The games come in multiple denominations, with bets per line ranging from just a penny to high-limit slots suitable for high rollers. The machines are supplied by some of the best game developers in the industry.
For our money, the top five slot machines in the casino include:
- Buffalo Stampede — This is an extremely popular slot machine developed by Aristocrat, one of the best game providers in the industry. The 5×4 slot game is a part of Aristocrat’s Reel Power series and thus offers 1024 paylines and a few special features.
- China Mystery — This Konami slot machine is perfect for beginners or players who love simplicity. It features a standard 5×3 grid structure with 30 paylines and a design inspired by Chinese culture. In addition to the simple base game, the slot also features bonus rounds and other special features that increase dynamism.
- Wicked Winnings II — As a result of its immense popularity, the Wicked Winnings II slot machine can be found in most major casinos across America. It has a straightforward base game with 243 paylines, but its special symbols can trigger the expanding reels and bonus rounds.
- Dancing Drums — This game joins a long line of slots with designs inspired by Chinese culture. It works on a standard 5×3 matrix but has many defining features, including several special features and mini, minor, major, and grand jackpots.
- Wonder 4 — This is a series of slot machines produced by Aristocrat. Their distinctive feature is a cabinet containing four different games for simultaneous play. There are currently five different versions of the machine, each with a different combination of games.
The table game area in Gila River Hotel & Casino Wild Horse Pass features around 20 tables. The facility is the only casino in the area that offers Ultimate Texas Hold’em Progressive. Apart from these games, players can also find blackjack and 3 Card Poker Progressive tables.
Tables feature flexible limits ranging from $5 to $1,300, allowing you to join the game regardless of your gambling budget. What’s more, if you are a beginner, you can ask the friendly dealers for help with placing bets and understanding the rules.
Apart from the regular gaming tables, the casino also features the Shutters High Limit Blackjack Room with eight blackjack tables. The table limits in the room range from $25 to $1,200. Players can savor complimentary drinks while playing and visit the room’s buffet on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Wild Horse Pass Casino poker room
Yes, it does. The casino features a 25-table poker room where you can play Texas Hold’em, Omaha and 7 Stud. Thanks to the flexible table limits, players with all bankroll sizes can join the action or participate in tournaments regularly organized by the casino.
The poker room also features 30 HD TVs, allowing players to watch sports and entertainment programs while playing. The casino offers dining discounts for active players and a whole host of different promotions that help you amp up your game.
More Arizona Casinos
- Apache Gold Casino Resort
- Apache Sky Casino Review
- Casino Arizona
- Casino Arizona at Talking Stick Resort
- Casino del Sol
- Casino of the Sun
- Desert Diamond Casino Sahuarita
- Desert Diamond Casino Tucson
- Desert Diamond Casino West Valley
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Lone Butte
- Gila River Hotels & Casinos – Vee Quiva
- Mazatzal Hotel & Casino
- Paradise Casino
- Spirit Mountain Casino
- Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort
- We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort
- Yavapai Casino
The Card loyalty program
Gila Hotel and Casino Wild Horse Pass features an exclusive The Card loyalty program that lets players win special rewards. Players can sign up for the program at one of the designated counters in all three Gila River casinos.
Members of the program receive a membership card they can use to collect points while playing casino games. Players can earn comps, points for free play, and cashback points. Here is the breakdown of the loyalty levels you can reach:
- Emerald tier — 0–19,999 points
- Ruby tier — 20,000–99,999 points
- Gold tier — 100,000–299,999 points
- Platinum tier — 300,000+ points
Loyalty status is determined once a year, based on the number of points a player has earned. Players have to keep playing casino games at Gila River casinos regularly to maintain their loyalty status. Members’ accounts are shut down after six months of inactivity, and all balances reset to zero.
Naturally, with each new loyalty level, the casino rewards become more lucrative. The benefits include cashback and free bonus play, complimentary food and concert tickets, special event tickets, VIP parties, casino lounge access, late hotel checkout, and shopping discounts.
Wild Horse Pass Casino responsible gambling program
The folks at Wild Horse Pass take responsible gambling seriously. Therefore, the casino offers the option of self-exclusion, plus a free helpline players can call if they notice their gambling habits are getting out of control.
Gila River Hotel and Casino Wild Horse Pass history and ownership
Gila River Hotel and Casino Wild Horse Pass opened its doors in 2009 as one of three Arizona casinos owned by the Gila River Indian Community and Gila River Gaming Enterprises.
The property includes 100,000 square feet of gaming space, a 242-room award-winning hotel and several bars and restaurants. It also features entertainment and meeting venues that host different events.
In August 2020, the owners started a $143 million expansion project to add another 205 rooms, new Platinum Suites, plus even more bars and restaurants. The expansion will also include casino renovations, new pools and more meeting space.