MaximBet Arizona Sportsbook App – $1,000 Bonus
Disclaimer: MaximBet Sportsbook is not yet live in Arizona. This review is speculative based on what is known so far and will be updated when the sportsbook comes online in AZ.
If you’re looking for a new Arizona sportsbook to try out, look no further than MaximBet. The online sportsbook is a product of Maxim, which produces a magazine geared toward men, and the Carousel Group, a casino and sports betting operator. The two announced a partnership in April 2021.
When you sign up with MaximBet, you’ll receive a 100% deposit match welcome bonus worth up to $1,000. When it comes to betting, MaximBet has apps for both Apple and Android devices, along with a website to take your sports wagers.
This page covers the welcome bonus works and how to claim it, along with other details for setting up your account, and what you can use it for once you’ve set it up.
MaximBet Sportsbook Arizona promo code 2023
To claim MaximBet’s welcome bonus, create a new MaximBet Arizona account. MaximBet then matches your first deposit every week for four week, up to a maximum of $1,000. Keep reading to find out more about this exciting welcome bonus.
|Arizona Sportsbook||MaximBet Sportsbook|
|MaximBet Promo Code||Not needed|
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to $1,000|
|Launching in Arizona?||Potentially 2022|
|Last Updated||December 2023|
MaximBet welcome bonus — the fine print!
New customers who join MaximBet Sportsbook Arizona are eligible for bonuses worth up to $1,000. Each week, the first deposit you make will be matched dollar-for-dollar. This is how much each week’s deposit match is for:
- Week 1 100% deposit match: $500 maximum
- Week 2 100% deposit match: $250 maximum
- Week 3 100% deposit match: $125 maximum
- Week 4 100% deposit match: $125 maximum
The deposit match is awarded as bet credits, here is what you need to know about how they work at MaximBet Arizona:
- Bet credits expire one week after being issued.
- They can only be used on wagers with odds of -200 or higher.
- They cannot be used on Maximbet boosted odds wagers.
So, if you deposit $100, you will receive an additional $100 in bonus bonus bet credits. Once you’ve wagered the deposit and bonus amount once, you can withdraw or bet whatever winnings you received from the bonus bet credits.
The 1x playthrough rate is one of the lowest wagering requirements among Arizona sportsbooks.
Is MaximBet’s welcome bonus in Arizona a good one?
Yes, the 100% deposit bonus is a solid offer. The overall $1,000 bonus amount is also one of the best in the industry. Add in the 1x playthrough requirements and we’re talking about one of the top sign-up bonuses in Arizona.
Can I trust MaximBet Sportsbook?
Yes, you can trust MaximBet Sportsbook in Arizona. To operate there, it needed to receive a sports betting license from the Arizona Department of Gaming, and that would not have happened if it was not a legitimate and dependable online sportsbook.
If you do run into any issues with MaximBet or another oddsmaker in Arizona, you can reach out to the department by email ([email protected]) or phone (602-771-4263).
Sports wagering rules in Arizona
With regulated sports betting in the Grand Canyon State, there are a few legalities you should know about.
- You must be 21 or older to wager at a licensed sportsbook. When you create your MaximBet account, the sportsbook will verify your identity and confirm your age.
- You have to be within state lines when placing any wagers on the MaximBet app or website. You’ll notice that every time you sign in, the app/website will check your location via geolocation tracking software.
Getting started at MaximBet Sportsbook
All it takes to get started with MaximBet is a tablet, smartphone or computer and an internet connection. You will have to enter a little bit of personal info, which is necessary to confirm your identification:
- Address (not required to be in Arizona)
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
After you’ve created a password, the only other step is affirming that you’re 21 or older. After submitting your info, you will be a new MaximBet user.
How do I download the MaximBet AZ app?
MaximBet’s app for iOS and Android works on both smartphones and tablets. To get it, head to the app download area on the MaximBet website. For Android devices, click “Available for Android.” For Apple devices, click “Download on the App Store.” Whichever you choose, follow any additional prompts from there to download and install the app to your device.
Where do I find MaximBet promotions?
On both the MaximBet website and app, you will see headers labeled “Promotions.” Clicking there will take you to the promos page. From there, you can read about how each promotion at MaximBet works.
Parlay bonuses at MaximBet
One of the best promotions at MaximBet is its Parlay Party offer. With Parlay Party, you get bonus bet credits for any winning parlays that are four to seven legs in length. You just need to meet these conditions:
- Bets must be for $5 or more.
- Each leg of your parlay must have odds of -200 or longer.
- The max amount for the bonus bet credits you can win is $1,000.
- Four-leg parlays receive a bet credit equal to 25% of your total winnings, five legs receive 50%, six legs get 75% and seven legs get 100%.
Other promotions at MaximBet sports betting
MaximBet has an assortment of promos other than the parlay offer. Among the best features for the bonuses at MaximBet is that you do not need to opt in to them. All you need to do is adhere to the instructions for each offer, and you are eligible to receive the stated reward.
There is one snag we have run into at MaximBet, however. The main explainers for a few offers are at best misleading. Take this example:
“1. Place a bet of $20 or more on the Draw No Bet market. 2. We will bonus you $20 for every goal your team scores. 3. Only on pre-selected soccer matches.”
When you read the full terms of the offer, however, you find out that you only receive the $20 bonus for each goal if your bet loses. MaximBet has similar offers for different sports, and the sad part is that most of them are good promotions. That’s because you either end up winning your bet or you receive a bonus if your bet loses. The problem is that MaximBet does a poor job of explaining that you cannot win your bet AND get the reward.
So, long story short: Just make sure you read the terms for each promotion at MaximBet to make absolutely sure you understand how it works.
Why should I choose the MaximBet Sportsbook app?
With a multitude of sports betting options in Arizona, it can be hard to figure out which ones you want to try. Here are some points in MaximBet’s favor, as you weigh your options:
- Bet on Arizona pro and college teams: With MaximBet Sportsbook you can wager on the Arizona Cardinals, Arizona Diamondbacks, Arizona Coyotes and Phoenix Suns. You also can bet on Arizona and Arizona State, among others in the college ranks.
- Round-the-clock support: With sports available to bet on pretty much 24/7, it’s great to know that you can get help from a live person around the clock at MaximBet. This can be an overlooked aspect when joining an online sportsbook, so it’s good to know MaximBet has you covered in this regard.
- Quality promotions: The promotions at MaximBet are both plentiful and high quality. We already explained how some of the bonus offers are misleading, which is definitely disappointing, but even those are solid offers.
What won’t I like about the MaximBet Sportsbook app?
To go with the things that MaximBet does well, here are some areas where we would like to see some improvement:
- Prop markets are lacking:While prop betting continues to grow in popularity, at MaximBet your prop options are fairly sparse. For example, we’ve had periods of time with no player props for MLB games at the sportsbook.
- Absence of a loyalty club:MaximBet joins a fairly sizable list of online sportsbooks that do not have any loyalty clubs. As a fairly new sportsbook operator, this could still change, which is something we’d like to see.
- Scarcity of live betting options: MaximBet’s live betting choices are much smaller than what you’ll find at many other sportsbooks in Arizona. The live betting interface also is not the best. There are times you click the live header and only one or two games show up. Then you click it again, and multiple games appear. But even then there are not as many options as you’ll see at books like FanDuel AZ and DraftKings AZ.
What kind of bets can I make at MaximBet?
MaximBet Sportsbook has the most common and popular sports bets in the market today. That means you’ll be able to place moneyline, total and spread bets as well as props, futures, parlays and live bets. Here is an example of how lines appear at the sportsbook, followed by explanations of each bet:
|Los Angeles Dodgers||-1.5 (+110)||-161||Over 9.5 (-108)|
|Arizona Diamondbacks||+1.5 (-128)||+140||Under 9.5 (-108)|
The big 3: Moneylines, spreads and totals
Moneylines, spreads and totals are the three most widespread wagers at just about any sportsbook. Moneyline bets are what you’ll use if you want to bet on which side will win the game. For this example, the Dodgers are favored over Arizona. You can see this from the moneyline. The Dodgers’ -161 number means a $161 wager on the Dodgers would pay out $100 if LA wins. The Diamondbacks’ +140 figure means a $100 wager on Arizona would net $140 if Arizona wins.
When you make spread bets — generally called run line bets in baseball — your team has to win by more than the listed number if it has a minus sign in front of it or avoid losing by more than the number if it has a plus sign in front of it. So here, the Dodgers must win by two runs or more to cover the run line. The Diamondbacks will cover if they lose by one run or win the game outright. The odds (in parentheses) work the same as moneyline odds.
To win a totals wager, you need to accurately bet on whether both teams will combine to score more or fewer runs than the line the sportsbook has set. So, if the Dodgers beat Arizona 5-4, which bets would win? If you said moneyline on LA, spread on Arizona and under on the total, you would be right.
Prop betting 101
Props bets are on whether specific occurrences will take place during a game. Some prop bets are game-focused (Will the final score be odd or even?). Some are team-focused (Will the Diamondbacks score over 5.5 runs?). And some are player-focused (Will Ketel Marte hit a home run?).
Futures bets simply are wagers on events that won’t be determined until the end of a season, or a similarly long time frame. For instance, you could bet on the D-backs to win the NL West, the National League pennant or win the World Series prior to the start of the season. You also could bet on players to win individual awards like the MVP award or Cy Young award.
Parlays and round robins
Up until now all the bets we’ve discussed have been wagers on a single thing. But thanks to parlays and round robins, you can join bets together and win more money if you get all or most of your bets right.
Parlays require you to get all of your individual picks correct in order to win. Because of this need for perfection, parlays can be some of the toughest wagers to get right. Round robins, meanwhile, combine your bets in such a way that one incorrect bet does not ruin your whole wager. The drawback is that the profit potential is smaller than what you’ll see for parlays.
Live betting at MaximBet
With live betting, you can watch and bet on games in real time using the MaximBet app and/or website. Lines update frequently, and depending on the game, you can bet on anything from who will win to what will happen during the next at-bat or play.
Live betting is great if you were late placing a bet or if you want to see how a team looks before you put money down. It also can be profitable if a team falls behind and you’re confident it’s going to rally and win. Just make absolutely sure you’re not watching a game on a delayed feed, because being just 30 or 60 seconds behind the action could cost you.
Can I bet on the Waste Management Phoenix Open at MaximBet?
Yes, MaximBet allows for betting on the PGA Tour, so you absolutely can wager on the Waste Management Phoenix Open, which takes place at TPC Scottsdale. Golf betting is slightly different from betting you’ll find for regular team vs. team sports like baseball, basketball, football and hockey. Here are some wagers you might come across:
- Outright winners: Betting on who will win a tournament is basically the same as betting on the moneyline for a regular game. The difference is that all the players will appear in positive figures. It’s not uncommon for the favorite to be as high as +1000 before the tournament begins. Odds will update throughout the event.
- Place bets: For these wagers, you’re betting on where a player will finish. Options will usually include top five, top 10 and top 20. At MaximBet, as is the case with most sportsbooks, if a player ties for the final spot, your winnings will be chopped. For example, if you bet on Rory McIlroy to finish in the top five, and he finishes in a four-way tie for fifth, you would win one-fifth of your wager.
- Head-to-heads: You also can bet on which of two players will perform better. For instance, you could bet that Brooks Koepka will beat Bryson DeChambeau. If Koepka finishes higher, you win.
- Props and live betting: The bigger the golf tournament, the more betting options you’ll find at MaximBet. Sometimes you can wager on who will be the highest finishing players from different countries or which left-hander will do the best. And for live betting, you can wager on how players will do on individual holes. Options are usually birdie or better, par, or bogey or worse.
How do I get money on (and off!) MaximBet Sportsbook quickly?
Your options for withdrawing money are not the best at MaximBet at the moment. Those options are Skrill and/or Mazooma, which allows you to transfer money to your online bank account. Make sure you’re comfortable using one of those options before signing up with MaximBet, otherwise getting your winnings could prove to be a hassle.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Visa and Mastercard Debit or Credit Cards||$10||Instant|
|Mazooma (Online Banking Transfer)||$10||Instant|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Mazooma (Online Banking Transfer)||$10||1-5 Days|
How do I get help at MaximBet Sportsbook?
If you hit any snags with MaximBet, there is help waiting for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The easiest way to get assistance is to click on the “24×7 Chat” box, located at the bottom of the app and at the top of the website.
After clicking the chat box, a window will pop up and you can choose to chat live with a MaximBet agent, request a call back or leave a message. You also can select your account, then choose “FAQ” to see a list of the frequently asked questions and answers at MaximBet.
How do I exclude myself from MaximBet?
You can set various betting limits or choose to exclude yourself from the online sportsbook entirely. To do either, you will log into your account, then click the person icon to view your settings. Next, select “Limits & Responsible Gaming.” That will open a window with options for limiting the amount you can deposit, the amount you can wager and the amount of time (in hours) that you can be signed into MaximBet.
The final two categories are for taking a break, which suspends your MaximBet account for a period of your choosing, maxing out at six weeks. The self-exclude option allows you to close your MaximBet account for up to five years. Once you close your account, you cannot reverse the decision. You still are able to withdraw money from the account, though.
Can I bet at MaximBet Sportsbook in person?
No, there is not a MaximBet retail sportsbook in Arizona right now, so all your wagering with MaximBet must be through the app or website. If MaximBet opens an in-person sportsbook in the Grand Canyon State in the future, this will of course change.
How does MaximBet compare to other Arizona sportsbooks?
MaximBet is a totally competent online sportsbook in Arizona. Having said that, though, we do not consider it one of the four or five best books in the state. Those honors go to FanDuel, DraftKings, BetMGM Sportsbook AZ, PointsBet Sportsbook AZ and Caesars Sportsbook AZ.
That doesn’t mean having a MaximBet Sportsbook account is a bad idea, though. On the contrary, with MaximBet’s welcome offer, promotions and competitive lines, it makes perfect sense to have MaximBet as one of your secondary sportsbook accounts. And as a newer sportsbook, there’s no reason that MaximBet can’t continue to improve and crack the top five at some point.
MaximBet Arizona FAQ
Yes, when you sign up with MaximBet you will receive a deposit match welcome bonus worth up to $1,000. The offer is unique in that your first four deposits are matched in order to receive the full $1,000 bonus. See above for complete details.
No. While MaximBet has an app available, you can do all your sports betting via the website, as well. The app is free, however, so you can at least try it for your smartphone and/or tablet. If you don’t like it, you can always go back to the website.
The minimum deposit at MaximBet is $10, via a Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card, Skrill or Mazooma. The minimum withdrawal amount is also $10.
Both the MaximBet and FanDuel apps are solid options for Arizona sports bettors. FanDuel tends to offer more prop bets and its promotions pay out in site credit. MaximBet pays out its promos with bonus bet credits, which aren’t quite as good. The odds at both books are fairly similar.
Yes, MaximBet is a safe and legal sportsbook in Arizona. It received a sports wagering license in the state from the Arizona Department of Gaming. You can reach the department at 602-771-4263 or [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns. Before debuting in Arizona, MaximBet operated as SportsBetting.com and had launched in Colorado.
No, you do not have to live in Arizona or be an Arizona resident to bet with MaximBet. However, you must be inside Arizona state lines at the time you do place a bet.
You must be at least 21 years of age to bet at MaximBet or any other licensed sportsbook in Arizona. When you open an account with MaximBet, the sportsbook will confirm your identity and thus your age.