Matthew Kredell reports on efforts to legalize sports wagering and online casino gaming around the country. He covered the efforts to legalize online sports betting in Arizona from the beginning.
He talks to state lawmakers, lobbyists and industry representatives to get the scoop on new gambling developments in the Grand Canyon State and was at the forefront when Gov. Doug Ducey signed a bill into law to legalize online sports betting in 2021.
Matthew has covered the legal gambling industry since 2007, getting into regulated sports betting three years later.
An alum of USC, Matthew began his career as a sportswriter at the Los Angeles Daily News. He has also contributed to publications that include Playboy, Men’s Journal and ESPN.
Writing on Arizona online gambling
Cardinals Owner Says Arizona Can Be Example For Team Participation In Sports Betting
How Arizona Tribes Agreed To Limit Of 10 Mobile Sports Betting Licenses
Governor Signs Arizona Sports Betting Bill And Tribal Compacts
Posts by Matthew Kredell:
- Arizona Lawmaker Tries To Bring Attention To Tribal Sports Betting Unfairness, 15 Feb 2022
- Cardinals Owner Says Arizona Can Be Example For Team Participation In Sports Betting, 28 Oct 2021
- How Arizona Tribes Agreed To Limit Of 10 Mobile Sports Betting Licenses, 25 Oct 2021
- Expect More Tribal Applicants Than Available AZ Sportsbook Licenses, 28 Jul 2021
- Arizona Department Of Gaming Asks For Help With Sports Betting, 23 Jun 2021
- AZ Tribes Can Have A Retail Sportsbook, But No Online Betting On Tribal Land, 29 Apr 2021
- Governor Signs Arizona Sports Betting Bill And Tribal Compacts, 16 Apr 2021