BetRivers Sportsbook Arizona Affiliate Code and Bonus
BetRivers Sportsbook has a new welcome bonus for Arizona sports bettors. Use the BetRivers affiliate code PLAYAZ when you open a new account, and you’ll get a second-chance bet worth up to $100.
The BetRivers Arizona welcome bonus has one of the lowest playthrough requirements you’ll find in the state. This page will cover this other key facets of BetRivers Sportsbook to help you decide if it’s right for you.
This includes how to sign up and the bets you’ll be able to place, along with going over the sportsbook app. We’ll also touch on available banking methods and promotions in addition to the second-chance bet welcome offer.
BetRivers Sportsbook Arizona bonus code September 2023
To claim the welcome bonus, enter the BetRivers Arizona bonus code PLAYAZ when you sign up, and the sportsbook will give you a second chance bet worth up to $100.
|BetRivers Arizona Affiliate Code||PLAYAZ|
|Welcome Bonus||Second chance bet for up to $100|
|Online Since||2021 in Arizona|
|Last Updated||September 27, 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see BetRivers Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
BetRivers Arizona welcome bonus — the fine print!
The way the BetRivers Arizona sign-up bonus works is pretty simple. Let’s walk you through it:
- Register a new account with BetRivers Arizona and enter the BetRivers AZ affiliate code PLAYAZ.
- Make your first deposit and enter the BetRivers Arizona deposit code SPORTS.
- Place your first bet on whatever you like, and it will be insured for up to $100.
- If that bet loses, you’ll be awarded a bet credit refund up to the $100 max.
- You get 30 days to use the bet credit before it expires.
How do you spend your bet credit?
If your first bet doesn’t end up winning, you are credited with a BetRivers Arizona bet credit. To use it, simply select what you want to bet, and then choose to use your credit.
Rating BetRivers’ welcome bonus
Overall, the BetRivers AZ welcome offer is decent compared to what you’ll encounter at other online sportsbooks in Arizona. Some Arizona oddsmakers require playing through up to 25x to take advantage of a welcome bonus. At BetRivers, though, there are no playthrough requirements. The only real stipulation is that if you end up with a bet credit, you have to wager it, you cannot simply withdraw the cash value of it.
Getting started at BetRivers Arizona Sportsbook
All you have to do to sign up with BetRivers is answer a couple of questions. It takes only a short amount of time, and then you can start placing bets. On the sportsbook page, select “Sign up.” Next you’ll enter the following personal details:
- Phone number
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
You also must come up with a username and password, and be sure to enter the BetRivers AZ affiliate code PLAYAZ.
Can I trust BetRivers Sportsbook?
Yes, BetRivers is a trustworthy sportsbook. Before launching in Arizona, BetRivers was live in at least seven other states (Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Virginia, Michigan, Pennsylvania). Also, it would not have received a license from the Arizona Department of Gaming if it weren’t a reputable online sportsbook. It obtained that license thanks to a deal with the Arizona Rattlers of the Indoor Football League (IFL), which gave BetRiver market access rights in the state.
Sports betting laws in Arizona
Here are the main Arizona sports betting laws to be familiar with:
- You must be a minimum of 21 years old to bet at any licensed sportsbook in the state.
- You have to be in the state in order to place bets at online sportsbooks. BetRivers uses geolocation technology to check that you’re in Arizona. If you’re not, it will not allow you to wager.
- Unlike some states, such as New Jersey for instance, you can bet on in-state college teams. That means you may find wagers on Arizona, Arizona State, Northern Arizona and Grand Canyon at BetRivers.
Arizona does not allow college prop bets, however.
How do I download the BetRivers AZ app?
BetRivers’ app is available for Android devices and Apple products. It doesn’t matter which you have because it is nearly identical on all platforms. To download it, head to the BetRivers Sportsbook website on your mobile device and scroll toward the bottom of the page. You’ll see buttons for downloading the app for Android and iOS. Click the appropriate one, and follow any additional instructions to complete the download process.
Why should I choose the BetRivers Sportsbook app?
As you consider your options among Arizona sportsbooks, here are three things we think BetRivers does particularly well for you to weigh against the competition.
- Great rewards and promotions: BetRivers starts you out with a solid welcome bonus offer. After that, you’ll find quality, easy-to-understand promotions. And remember, as a BetRivers user, you’re part of the iRush Rewards program and can claim perks as you place bets.
- Plenty of betting markets: It’s fun to check a game at BetRivers and see a number in the high 100s under the “More Bets” header. If you’re new to online sportsbooks, it might be stunning to know that many bets are available on a single game, but that’s just the norm at BetRivers.
- Tips: Click the tips drop-down menu at BetRivers and you’ll see a handful of pertinent facts about the game in question. It might tell you how many wins or losses in a row a team has, how a team or player is performing as of late and much more. These tips can help you be more knowledgeable about games and make smarter bets without spending hours doing research.
What won’t I like about the BetRivers Sportsbook app?
These definitely are not things that should prevent you from joining BetRivers, but they are aspects that BetRivers can improve upon.
- Lack of help options: If you like having a phone number to call when you run into problems, then BetRivers is going to be a letdown because that’s not available. Your only options are emailing customer support or starting an online chat.
- The news feed: The BetRivers news feed constantly scrolls through the usernames of recent big winners or bettors who have won three consecutive bet. While this might be interesting at times, the feature doesn’t really add anything of value to the betting experience.
- Slightly clunky app: Overall, BetRivers’ app is very good, but it can be glitchy at times. It’s improved a lot since before it debuted in Arizona, but it’s still not quite as good as some of its main competitors.
Where do I find BetRivers promotions?
If you’re on the BetRivers app, you can find the promotions page by clicking “Promotions” at the bottom of the screen. If you’re on the website, the promotions link will be at the top of the screen.
Promotions at Bet Rivers Sportsbook
Here’s a look at some of the more common offers you’ll find at BetRivers:
- Live profit boosts: BetRivers offers more live betting profit boosts than any other oddsmaker we’ve seen in Arizona. Many of these bonus offers are for specific days and/or specific sports. For example, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday you’ll get one 20% profit boost on any live bet. Or during baseball season you’ll get a 20% live boost for any one baseball bet on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Bet credit promos: BetRivers frequently runs promotions that provide a bet credit if you wager a specific dollar amount on a particular event. For instance, you might receive a $25 credit if you place at least $100 in bets on a UFC Fight Night.
- Odds boosts: BetRivers also has daily odds boosts, and you’ll find them under the “House Specials” header. These house specials can be anything from regular spread, moneyline and total bets to prop bets and parlays.
Does BetRivers have a rewards club?
Yes, when you join Bet Rivers you’ll automatically be enrolled in the iRush Rewards loyalty program. Each bet you place earns you rewards points, which you can redeem at the Bonus Store. At the bonus store you’ll find bet credits, profit boosts and bonus money.
You’ll earn more rewards points based on whether you’re placing straight bets or parlays. Every $5 you wager in straight bets earns you one point, while it takes only a $2.50 bet on a six-leg parlay to collect a point.
What kind of bets can I make at BetRivers Sports Betting?
BetRivers offers all the common sports wagers that you would expect from a high-quality online sportsbook. That means you will find spread, total and moneyline bets along with props, futures and parlays. Here is an example of a BetRivers game listing, followed by explanations of the bets you’ll find at the sportsbook.
|Denver Nuggets||+2.5 (-109)||+116||Over 220.5 (-113)|
|Phoenix Suns||-2.5 (-112)||-137||Under 220.5 (-108)|
What is the spread?
The spread is a line that BetRivers Sports creates as an estimate of the likely margin of victory in the game. In this instance, the negative spread number indicates that Phoenix is a 2.5-point favorite with -112 odds. If you bet on the Suns, they must win by at least three points to cover the point spread. The -112 odds mean that a $112 bet would pay out $100, with the same ratio applying to larger and smaller bets, as well.
For underdogs like the Nuggets, to cover the spread they must avoid losing by more than the listed number. So if Phoenix beats Denver 110-108, the Nuggets would cover the point spread because they lost by less than 2.5 points.
Win line betting, aka moneyline
Most sportsbooks call this the moneyline, but in either case you’re betting on which team will win. It pays less to bet on the Suns here because they are favored. The -137 number means that a $137 wager would potentially win you $100. As for the Nuggets, +116 conveys that you’ll receive $116 on a wager of $100 if Denver manages to upset Phoenix.
How do point totals work?
If you’re not sure which team will win, but you think it will be a high- or low-scoring affair, then wagering on the total points might be a good option. That’s because totals bets are for how many points both teams will combine to score in the game.
In the example above, the over/under is 220.5. If we stick with our example of the Suns winning 110-108, that would be a total of 218 points, which means under bets would win and over bets would lose.
Prop bets at BetRivers
Prop betting merely refers to bets on whether specific things will happen during a game. During the Nuggets-Suns game, you might find prop bets on how individual players perform statistically or how the game will play out. BetRivers also offers player specials tied to the game’s result. For example: Devin Booker to score over 29.5 points and the Suns to win: yes +200, no -275.
Does BetRivers offer futures betting?
Yes, BetRivers allows for futures betting, and your options are easy to find. All you do is click on the sport you’re interested in — the NBA in this case — and you’ll see options for live now, upcoming and futures. Under the futures tab, you’ll see all the futures that BetRivers has to offer. Based on the time of year, you can wager on the next NBA champ, conference winners and regular season or postseason MVP winners.
How parlays work
Parlay wagering lets you join two bets or more to increase your potential payout. For example, instead of placing three $10 spread bets with odds of -112, -109 and -109, you create a parlay and your new odds will be around +600. The three bets would have cost $30 and the most you could have won was $27.40. But now just one $10 parlay has a chance to win $60.
The catch, however, is that for a parlay you must get each of your individual picks correct. If you get any of them wrong, you win nothing. For this reason many gamblers consider parlays sucker bets.
A round robin, meanwhile, allows you to group three or more bets in such a way that you can still win some money if you miss a pick, though you’ll win more if you get all of your picks correct.
You also have teasers, which are combinations of multiple basketball or football spread bets. You’ll choose the teaser option in your bet slip. Then you can shift all the lines in your favor, increasing your odds to win but also lowering your potential payout.
Does BetRivers have live betting?
Yes, BetRivers has a plethora of live betting markets and also offers a number of live betting profit boosts throughout the week. Select the “Live” option, and you’ll be able to see which current games you can wager on in real time. Just be aware that the odds can change rapidly depending on game circumstances.
Can I bet on the Diamondbacks at Bet Rivers Arizona?
Yes, you will find myriad betting markets for the Arizona Diamondbacks and the rest of Major League Baseball at BetRivers. Here are some baseball-specific wagers you might see:
- Listed pitcher: For other sports when you place a moneyline bet it’s live the second you make it and there’s no going back. However, with baseball you’ll see what are called “Listed pitcher” bets. These will void your bet if the scheduled pitchers don’t start the game, and the sportsbook will return your wager to you.
- Game parlays: When you check the available bets for MLB games you’ll see a link for “game parlays.” You’ll find moneyline-total run parlays and spread-total run parlays.
- Game props: BetRivers also offers a handful of prop bets for D-backs games. You can bet on which team will score first, whether either team will score the game’s first run and win or which squad will be the first to score two, three, four or five runs.
- Player props: You’ll likely find bets for strikeouts by each of the game’s starting pitchers and whether either one will record a win. On the offensive side of things, you’ll see bets on individual players to hit home runs, get hits or drive in runs.
- Adjustable lines: You can manually adjust lines at BetRivers. There is a blue slider for total and spread bets that lets you move the line up or down. You’ll see the odds change and then be able to decide exactly the line you want.
How do I get money on (and off!) BetRivers Sportsbook quickly?
One of the most important aspects of any online sportsbook is the ability to easily make deposits and cash out your winnings. Take a look at BetRivers’ options for both and make sure there’s at least one deposit and withdrawal method that will work for you.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online banking||No Minimum||Instant|
|ACH (e-check)||No Minimum||Instant|
|Credit/Debit Card||No Minimum||Instant|
|BetRivers Play+ Prepaid Debit Card||$10||Instant|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online Banking||$10||1-2 Days|
|ACH (e-check)||$10||1-2 Days|
|PayPal||No Minimum||Up to 3 Days|
|BetRivers Play+ Prepaid Debit Card||$10||1-2 Days|
How do I get help at BetRivers Sports Book?
You have a few options if you need assistance at BetRivers. At the top of the screen you should see “Help Center” and “Support Chat.”
When you click on the help center, you’ll be transported to BetRivers’ help page where you’ll find various topics listed under 10 categories. You also can use the search bar to find what you’re looking for.
When you click on support chat, a window will appear for you to send a message and get help ASAP. The live chat feature is available from 7:30 a.m. to midnight. Lastly, you have the option to send an email through your BetRivers account. You can find the email option when clicking on the help center.
How do I exclude myself from BetRivers?
As a BetRivers user, you have the ability to set various limits on your account or shut down your account entirely.
Click on your account and then choose the “Responsible Gaming” link at the bottom. From there, you’ll see five available selections on the left side of the page: time limits, spending limits, deposit limits, self suspension and BetRivers exclusion.
The first three choices should be fairly self-explanatory. Self suspension lets you put a temporary suspension on your account for anywhere from three to 30 days. BetRivers exclusion will disable your account entirely for one or three years. You get to decide which.
If you’re looking for more information about responsible gambling, we suggest looking at our Arizona responsible gambling page.
Can I bet with BetRivers Sportsbook in person?
Not right now. BetRivers does not yet have a retail sportsbook in Arizona. There is nothing preventing BetRivers from opening a retail sportsbook in the Grand Canyon State, though, and if that happens, we will update this page.
How does BetRivers compare to other Arizona sportsbooks?
BetRivers is a very solid online sportsbook. It’s definitely in the top half of books in the state, but it’s not quite up to the level of PointsBet, DraftKings, BetMGM and FanDuel.
Despite that fact, we still believe it’s a sportsbook worth joining, especially if you plan on having more than one sportsbook account. BetRivers’ welcome bonus is worthwhile, as are many of the promotions it has to offer. Furthermore, we haven’t come across a sportsbook yet that always has the best odds, so having multiple accounts allows you to make sure you’re getting the best odds available.
BetRivers Sportsbook Arizona FAQ
Enter the best BetRivers Arizona code PLAYAZ when you sign up with BetRivers Arizona and you’ll receive a second chance bet for up to $100. See full terms and conditions in the sign-up bonus section above.
Yes, BetRivers AZ will let you cash out some bets early if you wish. You can end a bad bet early, or if you’re winning a parlay but you don’t want to risk the last leg of it, you can cash out, still get some winnings and not risk losing it all.
Yes, BetRivers Sportsbook is legit. In fact, BetRivers has a betting license in the state and is partnered with the Arizona Rattlers, an Indoor Football League team. BetRivers opened its virtual sportsbook doors in the state in October 2021.
It depends on the deposit method. For many methods, the minimum deposit is $10, but if you use a wire transfer, the minimum deposit is $5,000.
While both sportsbooks are licensed in Arizona, we consider the promotions at BetRivers to be better and easier to understand. And BetRivers does not have the same history of controversy as a company as Barstool.
Yes. For this exercise, we compared BetRivers to other popular sportsbooks in Arizona for Super Bowl odds. Overall, we found similar spread and total numbers, but BetRivers will sometimes add or eliminate a bit of juice. For example, some lines may be -109 whereas other sportsbooks are -110. This might seem like a very minor difference, but it can add up over time.