Disclaimer: ClutchBet is not yet live in the U.S. This review is speculative based on what we know so far and will be updated once ClutchBet launches in AZ. In the meantime, we recommend these Arizona online sportsbooks:
ClutchBet is one of the newest sportsbooks looking to launch in the US, although it’s been around abroad for some time. After starting in Australia in 2015, ClutchBet has its eyes on several US states, including Arizona. To help encourage Arizona bettors to sign up, ClutchBet will be offering a welcome bonus to all new bettors who sign up in the state.
The site offers plenty for Arizona sports fans to enjoy. The ClutchBet Sportsbook app is available on both iOS and Android. It has a variety of sports to bet on, including pro, college and international leagues. Keep reading to learn more about this new sports betting option in Arizona.
ClutchBet Arizona bonus code 2022
ClutchBet hasn’t yet fully established its site, app and bonuses in Arizona, so we will update the following once we know more details:
|Online Sportsbook||ClutchBet Sportsbook Arizona|
|Last updated||November 2022|
The sportsbook could offer new customers something like a no deposit welcome bonus, a first deposit bonus or a risk-free bet.
The no deposit bonus is usually a fixed sum, something like a $50 free bet when signing up at ClutchBet Arizona.
The first deposit bonus is usually a percentage of the deposit you make. This encourages you to deposit more if you’d like a more significant bonus or, conversely, deposit less if you don’t want to commit too much money right out of the gate. Moreover, first deposit bonuses have a maximum that they can reach. A ClutchBet first deposit could be something like 100% up to $500.
Risk-free bets, meanwhile, generally offer a refund in some form of free bet credits if your first bet loses. This would also have a maximum, which can reach up to $1,000 at some sportsbooks.
ClutchBet Arizona sign-up bonus — the fine print!
We can also make some educated guesses about the sorts of terms and conditions ClutchBet would place on a bonus like the ones we went over above.
ClutchBet bonus terms
- Expiration: Many bonuses have expiration dates. You must use your free bet or bonus money before it expires. Otherwise, the bonus money will leave your account. Your time limit can vary quite a bit, from seven to 90 days in some cases.
- Wagering requirements: Almost all bonuses come with wagering requirements that necessitate betting a multiple of your bonus before you can withdraw it (or any winnings from it).
- Minimum deposit: If a bonus requires you to deposit, there likely will be a minimum deposit you need to meet. Any deposit under this minimum will fail to activate the bonus. Usually, a minimum deposit will be around $10.
- Exclusivity: Welcome bonuses are typically exclusive, meaning you can’t benefit from more than one from the same sportsbook. If you’ve had a welcome bonus in the past, you’re unable to close and reopen an account to get a new welcome bonus.
Can I trust ClutchBet Sportsbook in Arizona?
Yes, ClutchBet is a legitimate and trustworthy site. While it’s not widely known here in the US, it’s been operating in Australia since 2015. It’s also a publicly-traded company with obligations to its shareholders. Alongside its Arizona license, it has operated in Australia using a Northern Territories license since its inception.
Becoming publicly traded and internationally licensed is not, by any reasonable standard, an easy achievement. And neither is it one that an illegitimate, untrustworthy or black-market betting company could accomplish. Reams of red tape surround both, so they’re a good indication of ClutchBet’s trustworthiness.
If you ever have any concerns, you can always contact the Arizona Department of Gaming by calling 602-771-4263 or emailing [email protected]
Getting started at ClutchBet online sportsbook in AZ
ClutchBet is as easy as any other Arizona sportsbook to sign up with. So, if you’ve tried any others, don’t expect to find anything out of the ordinary here. It’s all simple, run-of-the-mill stuff. Nonetheless, here’s how to sign up at ClutchBet:
- Head to the ClutchBet homepage.
- Once there, locate the sign-up button and select it — a green button toward the top right of the page.
- You’ll then need to provide some personal details, including your name, address, phone number, email, date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security number — you’ll also need to create a password.
- After this, you’ll need to make your first deposit — enter the details for your deposit method and the money you’d like to commit, and you’re off.
Be aware of bonus codes: If the ClutchBet welcome promotion includes a bonus code, this is probably where you’ll have to enter it. Make sure to take note of the code and enter it correctly. You don’t want to miss out.
How do I download the ClutchBet sports betting app?
Once equipped with an account, you’ll likely want to play on your phone — a standard sportsbook feature now. You can play on the move using either the mobile version of the ClutchBet site or its sportsbook app.
The ClutchBet app is available on iOS and Android, and you can download them starting at the ClutchBet site. From there, scroll to the bottom of any page. There you’ll find links to both versions of the app. Select the appropriate app and follow your operating system’s prompts.
Geolocation note: Turn on the location tracking in your phone’s settings. Without that, the app won’t be able to verify that you’re in Arizona and, therefore, won’t let you play. You have to be within state lines to place any bets.
Where do I find ClutchBet Sportsbook promotions?
Locating the available promos is simple, thanks ClutchBet’s clear layout. Go to the ClutchBet site and you’ll immediately see the promotions tab at the top of the page, next to the menu.
If you’re using the app — which, during our testing, we found to be pretty good — you can find the link to the promotions inside the menu tab.
ClutchBet Arizona loyalty program
If you’re looking for loyalty points or a rewards program, then ClutchBet may not be the right Arizona book for you. At the moment, it doesn’t have a rewards program for loyal players. This could change in the future, though. All sportsbooks are constantly developing, adding new features as they expand. We hope to see ClutchBet add a loyalty program in the future.
Why should I choose the ClutchBet Sportsbook app?
ClutchBet stands out for several reasons, but here are a couple of the main ones:
- Easy-to-use app: When we first started using the app, we noticed its user-friendly design. Everything you need to do is within “reach.” You never get lost looking for sports or odds.
- Good betting options: ClutchBet offers a good variety of sports to bet on. Not as many as a big name like DraftKings, but more than you’d expect from a relatively new site to the US market.
What won’t I like about the ClutchBet Sportsbook app?
ClutchBet Arizona has a lot going for it. However, here are two things we would like to see it improve:
- Few withdrawal options: Like many Arizona sportsbooks, ClutchBet has very few ways to withdraw funds. This means that when it comes to getting your money quickly, you’re limited with your choices.
- No loyalty program: Unlike some of the big sportsbooks in Arizona, ClutchBet doesn’t have a rewards club at the moment. As we know, many of our Arizona readers appreciate the benefits of being dedicated customers; this is a shame.
What kind of bets can I place at ClutchBet online betting?
Comparing ClutchBet to other Arizona sportsbooks, you’ll find almost all of the same available bets. Here is a rundown of the standard options you’re likely to come across:
- Moneyline: A moneyline bet is a bet on the outright winner of a game; that’s it. For example, in an upcoming Arizona Cardinals game, you might place a moneyline bet on them to beat the San Francisco 49ers.
- Total: Place a bet on the overall combined score of a game. You combine the two teams’ scores, and that figure is what you bet on. Also called an “over/under” because you bet on whether the total will be over or under a number that the sportsbook sets. For example, you might bet that the Cardinals vs. 49ers game will be over 65 points.
- Spread: A spread is a bet on the winner or loser based upon a handicap; the handicap figure is known as “the spread.” For favorites, you bet that they’ll win by more than the spread number. For underdogs, you bet they’ll lose by less than the handicap or win by any score. For example, you might bet on the Cardinals to beat the 49ers by six or more points.
- Future: A futures bet focuses on a long-term outcome, like winning a league championship or an individual player collecting an MVP award. For example, you might place a futures bet on the Cardinals to win the Super Bowl — hey, Arizonans can dream.
- Prop: A prop bet is a bet that doesn’t focus on the outcome of a game. Instead, it focuses on some event that is part of the game but that is generally separate from the overall final score. For example, you might place a prop bet on Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray to throw and rush for more than 300 combined yards in a game.
- Parlay: A parlay bet is an individual bet that consists of many other bets. To win your parlay, all of the individual wagers must be correct. For example, you might place a moneyline bet on the Cardinals to win, bet on the Las Vegas Raiders to cover the spread and place a total bet on a third game.
Understanding the odds at ClutchBet
To illustrate this further, we can take a look at some odds for a hypothetical Cardinals game:
|49ers||+5.5 (-114)||Over 50.5 (-110)||+205|
|Cardinals||-5.5 (-106)||Under 50.5 (-110)||-250|
First, the moneyline consists of a negative or positive number, generally of three digits each. The positive number tells you how much money you’d win if you were to make a $100 bet and it turned out to be correct. The negative number tells you how much money you’d have to risk to win $100.
Second, once we know the odds, we can figure out the next important feature: the favorite. The favorite is the team that the sportsbook thinks will win. In the example above, the 49ers are the underdog, and the Cardinals are the favorite. The quick way to tell is that the favorite has the unfavorable odds, and the underdog has the favorable odds.
Third, the spread bet includes additional positive and negative numbers. This time, however, they don’t denote the odds; rather, they denote the amount that the favorite needs to win by and that the underdog needs to overcome. In the example above, the 49ers have to lose by fewer than 5.5 points or win outright, and the Cardinals have to win by more than 5.5.
And finally, for the total, the O represents the over bet, and the U represents the under bet. Both options include the total number that the sportsbook has set. In our example above, you could bet that the combined total score will be over or under 50.5.
Can I bet on the Arizona Wildcats at ClutchBet AZ?
Yes, Arizona betting laws allow you to wager on in-state college teams. This means the Arizona State Sun Devils and Arizona Wildcats are fair game, along with any other in-state schools sportsbooks may want to offer odds on. One thing to note, however, is that state law does prohibit any individual college prop bets, so you won’t find those at ClutchBet or any other legal Arizona sportsbook.
How do I get money on (and off!) ClutchBet Sportsbook quickly?
At the moment, ClutchBet offers a fairly small number of banking options. This could change with time as it’s able to add more deposit and withdrawal methods, but for now, here is what is available:
ClutchBet deposit methods
- Bank transfer (ACH)
- Wire transfer
- Debit or credit card
We don’t yet know the minimum deposit, but it likely will be $10 or $20. Like many other Arizona sportsbooks, ClutchBet has fewer options for withdrawals compared to deposits.
ClutchBet withdrawal methods
- Pay+ prepaid card
- Bank transfer (ACH)
How do I get help at ClutchBet online sportsbook?
If you need to speak to someone at ClutchBet, you can try one of the following contact methods:
- Live chat
The phone and live chat features will place you in a queue to speak to someone then. In our testing, we reached out for help and got assistance within minutes. We asked for help with several issues, and the assistant was always friendly and obliging. Overall, it was a helpful experience.
The live chat feature was particularly helpful as it allowed us to keep trying out other parts of the site as we chatted — likewise, you could do the same. The email is slower (as you’d expect), but it allows you to send any necessary documents.
How do I exclude myself from ClutchBet?
Gambling should always be safe and fun. Avoid betting with money you don’t have or chasing your losses. If you find that gambling is negatively impacting your life, then you should stop immediately. Or if you are missing out on appointments, risking money you can’t afford, hiding how much you’re betting, trying to win back your money, or feeling anxious and stressed by gambling, then you should consider self-exclusion.
If other Arizona sportsbooks are anything to go by, then self-exclusion will involve nominating yourself to be excluded via the site’s account portal. You’ll then be locked out of the site for an extended and predetermined period.
If you would like to take less drastic action, you can choose deposit and loss limits, instead. These are, as the name suggests, limits on your ClutchBet deposits and losses.
- Deposit: A deposit limit stops you from putting money into your ClutchBet account. You can set up the limit to operate over a timeframe of one day, one week or 30 days. Once this time has passed, the limit will reset.
- Loss: A loss limit stops you once you’ve lost a set amount at ClutchBet, so you can’t chase your losses or keep failing. Loss limits have one-, seven- or 30-day cycles.
To set up the limits, go to “My Details” in your account. Alternatively, you can speak to a customer service assistant and ask for help. Note that once you’ve enacted a limit, you cannot override it until the window of time has passed, and neither can a member of the customer service team.
Can I bet at ClutchBet Sportsbook in person?
At the time of writing, ClutchBet doesn’t have any retail sportsbooks in Arizona or in any other states. If this changes, we will update your options here.
How does ClutchBet compare to other Arizona sportsbooks?
ClutchBet has a reasonable number of sports available to bet on. Like other big sportsbooks, such as FanDuel, you can bet on all the major sports and leagues at ClutchBet, along with college and international betting. For instance, if you want to bet on Barcelona in La Liga or Everton in the English Premier League, you can.
In terms of odds, we can again say that ClutchBet is broadly similar to other legal books. Some of the moneyline bets had better odds, but some of the spreads had worse odds. If you keep an eye on them over time, you’ll see that they tend to even out. On some weekends, ClutchBet may have better odds than sites like BetMGM; on other weekends, BetMGM has the advantage.
One significant difference is the absence of a loyalty program. Some of the top competition in Arizona, like DraftKings and BetMGM, will have benefits for returning customers. These are there to encourage bettors to wager but also to reward them for their commitment. ClutchBet doesn’t have something like this at the moment, so this is one area where it falls a bit short.
ClutchBet Sportsbook FAQ
Why should I choose ClutchBet Arizona over an offshore site?
You should use ClutchBet because it is safe, legal and legit. If you use an offshore site, you receive no protection under Arizona or US law. If you encounter any problems, you’re unlikely to have any recourse.
How do you bypass the ClutchBet geolocation?
You can’t bypass the ClutchBet geolocation feature. In fact, you can’t bypass the geolocation feature on any sports betting app.
Can I bet on college sports using the ClutchBet sports betting app?
Yes, you can bet on college sports at ClutchBet. Arizona allows both in- and out-of-state college betting. It does, however, prohibit college prop bets.
Do I need to download the app to bet at ClutchBet online?
No, you don’t. ClutchBet has both a website — which you can access on your desktop computer, laptop or mobile device — and an app available for download.
Is ClutchBet Sportsbook safe?
Yes, ClutchBet Sportsbook is safe, secure and legit. It has been in operation as a legitimate sportsbook in Australia since 2015.