Will Smith is on the brink of his 100th hit of the season for the Los Angeles Dodgers (92-53) as they get set to take on the Arizona Diamondbacks (47-97) on Tuesday. The Dodgers enter the matchup as -255 favorites on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Dodger Stadium at 10:10 PM ET, live on SportsNet LA. Tony Gonsolin starts for Los Angeles while Arizona will counter with Luke Weaver.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of September 14, 2021, 3:00 AM ET.
Dodgers Probable Starting Pitcher: Anthony Gonsolin
- Gonsolin (2-1) will take the mound for the Dodgers, his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Thursday, when he tossed three innings while giving up one earned run on three hits in a matchup with the Cardinals.
- In 10 starts this season, Gonsolin has not yet earned a quality start.
- They have a record of 56-23 this season when striking out at least 10 batters.
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher: Luke Weaver
- Weaver makes the start for the Diamondbacks, his 11th of the season. He is 3-4 with a 4.24 ERA and 45 strikeouts in 51 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday, the right-hander went five innings against the Rangers, allowing three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Weaver is trying to record his fourth quality start of the season.
- The Diamondbacks have gone 9-48 this season in games the club has given up at least two homers.
Dodgers Hitting Leaders
- Trea Turner has a team-best batting average of .316.
- Among the qualifying hitters in MLB play, Turner’s 166 hits rank third, his .316 AVG ranks second, his .361 OBP ranks 25th, and his .502 SLG ranks 25th.
- Justin Turner has 20 doubles, 25 home runs and 57 walks while batting .275.
- Justin Turner ranks 21st in OBP among qualified hitters in MLB play.
Diamondbacks Hitting Leaders
- Josh Rojas leads Arizona in home runs this season with 11 while driving in 42 runs.
- Rojas ranks 23rd in SLG among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Ketel Marte is slugging .523 this season, with a team-best 11 homers while driving in 42 runs.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from