Having taken two straight, the No. 18 Arizona State Sun Devils (5-1, 3-0 Pac-12) will play the Utah Utes (3-2, 2-0 Pac-12). Despite that, the Utes are slim favorites (-1). The predicted point total for the matchup is 51.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 16, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. CLICK HERE to find current betting odds and place a bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 16, 2021
- Game Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Stadium: Rice-Eccles Stadium
Sun Devils Player Insights
- Jayden Daniels has been a dual threat to lead Arizona State in both passing and rushing. He has 1,269 passing yards (211.5 ypg), completing 70.6% of his passes and tossing four touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 369 yards (61.5 ypg) on 55 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Rachaad White, has carried the ball 77 times for 421 yards (70.2 per game), with nine touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 24 passes for 226 yards (37.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- Ricky Pearsall’s team-leading 256 receiving yards (42.7 yards per game) have come on 19 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Curtis Hodges has recorded 256 receiving yards (51.2 yards per game), hauling in 12 passes this year.
- LV Bunkley-Shelton’s 18 catches have yielded 234 yards (39.0 ypg) and one touchdown.
Sun Devils Team Stats
- The Sun Devils have put an average of 33.3 points per game on the board this year, 10.3 more than the 23.0 the Utes have surrendered.
- In games where Arizona State scores more than 23.0 points this season, it has put together a record of 5-0.
- This year, the Utes average 14.6 more points per game (30.8) than the Sun Devils surrender (16.2).
- Arizona State has a 5-1 record overall in games when it allows opponents to score less than 30.8 points.
- The Sun Devils have a 97.7-yard advantage in total yards gained per game versus total yards allowed compared to the Utes (439.5 to 341.8).
- The Utes have forced eight turnovers (27th-most in the FBS), and the Sun Devils have committed eight turnovers (42nd-most in college football).
Sun Devils Betting Insights
- Arizona State has compiled a 3-2-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Sun Devils are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- Arizona State’s games have gone over the total twice out of five chances this year.
- Arizona State has put together a perfect 3-0-0 record against the spread in conference games this year.
- The Sun Devils have been an underdog in Pac-12 action by 1 point or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- The Sun Devils covered the spread as 13.5-point favorites last time out against the Stanford Cardinal, picking up a 28-10 win.
- Bookmakers posted an over/under of 53 for the matchup, and the teams hit the under.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from