The Grand Canyon Antelopes (8-1) are underdogs (+4) in their attempt to continue a five-game win streak when they visit the Arizona State Sun Devils (3-6) at 9:30 PM ET on Thursday, December 9, 2021 at Desert Financial Arena. The over/under for the matchup is 131.
Arizona State holds a 1-0 record in the last one head-to-head games against Grand Canyon. The Antelopes have a 1-0 edge against the spread when taking on the Sun Devils.
Game facts: Arizona State vs Grand Canyon
- Game Day: Thursday, December 9, 2021
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Location: Tempe, Arizona
- Arena: Desert Financial Arena
Key players for Arizona State
- DJ Horne leads the Sun Devils in scoring, putting up 13.1 points per game.
- Kimani Lawrence paces Arizona State with 7.9 rebounds a game and Marreon Jackson leads the team with 4.4 assists per matchup.
- Jovan Blacksher Jr. is tops from three-point range for the Antelopes, hitting 2.6 treys per game.
- Arizona State’s steals leader is Luther Muhammad, who collects 1.5 per game. Alonzo Gaffney leads the team averaging 1.6 blocks a game.
Arizona State’s last game vs Oregon
Grand Canyon defeated Mississippi Valley State, 91-44 in their last game on December 4, 2021. The Antelopes covered the spread (-29.5) and the game went over the total (134.0). Taeshon Cherry led the way for the Antelopes, whose stats are shown in the table below.
Key players for Grand Canyon
- Blacksher has the top spot on the Antelopes scoring and assist lists, putting up 16.1 points and 4.1 assists per game.
- Jackson leads Arizona State with 4.4 assists per game and Lawrence paces the team with 7.9 rebounds per outing.
- Blacksher leads the Antelopes in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.6 made threes per game.
- Muhammad leads the team with 1.5 steals per game. Gaffney collects 1.6 blocks a contest to pace Arizona State.
Grand Canyon’s last game vs Mississippi Valley State
In their last game, Arizona State defeated Oregon, 69-67 on December 5, 2021. The Sun Devils covered the spread (+9.0) and the game went over the total (132.0). Find the key players from the game in the table below.
Arizona State insights
- The Sun Devils are shooting 40.2% from the field this season, 1.3 percentage points higher than the 38.9% the Antelopes allow to opponents.
- Arizona State has a 1-5 record against the spread and a 3-3 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 38.9% from the field.
- The Sun Devils score 6.0 more points per game (64.4) than the Antelopes allow (58.4).
- Arizona State is 2-5-1 against the spread and 3-5 overall when scoring more than 58.4 points.
- The Sun Devils average 35.7 rebounds per game, 7.2 boards per contest fewer than the Antelopes.
- When Grand Canyon earns the rebounding advantage they are 4-3-0 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Arizona State is 6-1-0.
Grand Canyon insights
- The Antelopes’ 44.4 shooting percentage from the field is 2.9 higher than the Sun Devils have given up.
- This season Grand Canyon is 5-1 against the spread and 7-0 overall when shooting above 41.5% from the field.
- The Antelopes average 75.0 points, 6.6 more than the Sun Devils give up.
- Grand Canyon is 4-1 against the spread and 6-0 overall when scoring more than 68.4 points.
- The Sun Devils pull down 10.6 offensive rebounds per game, 4.7 fewer than the Antelopes.
- The Antelopes are 3-3-0 against the spread when they win on the offensive glass. The Sun Devils are 5-0-0 when they fall short there.
Bet on Arizona State vs Grand Canyon
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Arizona State betting history
- Arizona State and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s total (131 points) nine times this season.
- Arizona State has compiled a 6-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Sun Devils are winless against the spread when they have played as 4-point favorites or more (0-3).
- The Sun Devils have a 2-1 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 66.7% of those games).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -165 or shorter, Arizona State has a record of 0-0 (66.7%).
Grand Canyon betting analysis
- These two teams give up a combined 126.8 points per game, 4.2 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Grand Canyon has covered the spread four times in eight games with a set spread.
- The Antelopes won the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
- Grand Canyon has entered two games this season as the underdog by +145 or more and won each of those games.
|Spread Pick||Grand Canyon (+4)|
|Total Pick||Over (131)|