The Stanford Cardinal (10-5, 3-2 Pac-12) are heavy underdogs (+11.5) as they look to extend a three-game home winning streak when they square off against the No. 3 Arizona Wildcats (14-1, 4-0 Pac-12) on Thursday, January 20, 2022 at Maples Pavilion. The matchup airs at 11:00 PM ET on ESPNU. The matchup has a point total of 150.
Stanford has taken both of its last two head-to-head meetings with Arizona. The Cardinal have an advantage against the spread as well (2-0) when taking on the Wildcats.
Game facts: Arizona at Stanford
- Game Day: Thursday, January 20, 2022
- Game Time: 11:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Stanford, California
- Arena: Maples Pavilion
Key players for Arizona
- The Wildcats scoring leader is Bennedict Mathurin, who puts up 18.0 points per game.
- Arizona is led in rebounding by Christian Koloko’s 7.1 rebounds per game and assists by Kerr Kriisa’s 5.4 assists per game.
- Kriisa is the top three-point shooter for the Wildcats, knocking down 2.7 per game.
- Arizona’s steals leader is Dalen Terry, who grabs 1.3 per game. Koloko leads the team averaging 3.3 blocks a game.
Arizona’s last game vs Utah
In their last game, Arizona defeated Utah, 82-64 on January 15, 2022. The Wildcats failed to cover the spread (-19.0) and the game went under the total (159.0). The top players from the game, including Azuolas Tubelis, are shown in the table below.
Key players for Stanford
- Harrison Ingram is at the top of the Cardinal scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 11.9 points per game and 6.9 rebounds per game this season.
- The Stanford leader in assists is Michael O’Connell with 4.0 assists per game.
- Spencer Jones is tops from three-point range for the Cardinal, hitting 1.4 treys per game.
- Jones is a defensive force for Stanford, leading the team in both steals (1.1 per game) and blocks (0.6 per game).
Stanford’s last game vs Washington
Stanford lost to Washington, 67-64 in their last game on January 15, 2022. The Cardinal covered the spread (+1.0) and the game went under the total (141.5). Here are the box scores for the top players in Stanford’s last game.
- The Wildcats make 49.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is 6.3 percentage points higher than the Cardinal have allowed to their opponents (43.6%).
- In games Arizona shoots better than 43.6% from the field, it is 7-4-1 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- The Wildcats average 19.8 more points per game (88.5) than the Cardinal give up (68.7).
- When Arizona totals more than 68.7 points, it is 8-4-1 against the spread and 14-1 overall.
- The Wildcats average 43.3 rebounds per game, outrebounding the Cardinal by 5.4 boards per contest.
- When Arizona earns the rebounding advantage they are 8-5-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Stanford is 1-0-0.
Bet on Arizona at Stanford
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Insights for betting on Arizona
- Arizona and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (150 points) nine times this season.
- Arizona has compiled a 9-5-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Wildcats are 7-3-1 ATS when playing as at least 11.5-point favorites.
- The Wildcats have yet to lose a game they played as the moneyline favorite this season, going 12-0.
- Arizona has played 10 times as a moneyline favorite with odds of -600 or shorter, and claimed a victory in each game.
|Spread Pick||Arizona (-11.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (150)|